THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

National Zoo

Today we went to the National Zoo. It was very fun, very hot. The habitats are nice, it's smallish but the animals are cool and I saw several things I hadn't seen before.

This is a panda, there are only four zoos in the US that have pandas so that was pretty neat.
Sprinkle stations are found throughout the park and are taken advantage of gratefully.

Look at the baby anteater on his mother's back!! I was so amazed. Apparently they climb up there shortly after birth and ride around for the next 6-9 months!



Jurassic park


the lions were so friendly :)




Cute girls!
We had a very fun day. And word to the wise, if you are driving in DC a) why??? and b) don't talk on your cell phone at the same time. Poor Colleen got pulled over twice on our drive in. I was following her and didn't even know why she was, but it turned out to be a cell phone issue :(. Luckily she just got a warning.





3 comments:

I have a good life said...

Hey! We were there pretty much exactly a year ago! :) It was fun. We are already saving our money to come out next summer. It is a count down for our family!

Yvonne said...

I have never driven in DC--thanks for the heads up with the cell phone.

When does school start?

Unknown said...

What a fun day... I love your pics! the panda is so cute!!!
here a great find for panda fanatic!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com