THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, August 08, 2009

not tired of crabs yet

I wish I had a camera with me last night, although it was too dark for a picture to turn out.

Around 9pm I found myself sitting across a plastic picnic table from my sweetheart. We were right on the water, feet buried in cool sand, glasses of cold water in hand, watching the moon reflect on the water and listening to boaters laughing and splashing out somewhere in the darkness. Soon our food arrived. Beloved had ordered crab cakes, and he didn't like them but fortunately for me they turned out to be the best, crabbiest, yummiest crab cakes I have ever had. I had shrimp fetachini also good, which I so nicely shared with him :) We were the only ones outside eating and could quietly talk about life and cars and kids. It was a nice date.

Today I drove Sierra to the airport, she's going "home" to visit for a week and was very excited. I'm sure she'll have a great time. I have to say that driving in DC is not all that pleasant an experience and as far as I can tell MD has no real freeway system, at least not our part so it's a slow, winding, drive with many stop signs along the way. It's pretty but kind of annoying.

Yesterday J went to Disneyland! That happiest place on earth! I can't wait to see her pictures and to have her home. She's been gone A LOT this summer and I am ready to have her back.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I don't think I'd ever get tired of crab either.

So glad you're doing well--how soon until the grandbaby arrives????

lera said...

Not like crabcakes? I've never heard of such a thing!