THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Letter Game. I got "W"

The object of the game is to come up with 10 words that start with your letter and explain why. If you want to play and don't have a letter I'll be happy to give you one just leave me a message.

1. Watermelon. We try and grow them, and love to eat them, and the kids love to spit the seeds. It seems as American as the 4th of July and fireworks and very summery.

2. Words. I love to read them. There is nothing better than a good book. I love to hear them- whispered in the dark by DH while we plan our lives and for our children's happiness, across the phone from sisters that I love who live too far away, shouted out by happy kids playing, uttered reverently in prayer, spoken tentatively by little ones learning their meaning and their sounds, punctuated with laughter at girls night out, full of meaning and love when shared with my kids.

3. Weight. The daily, yearly struggle.

4. Work. What my name means in Basque. Also key to happiness I think. We are here to work, to do things that are meaningful and of benefit to others. I struggle to teach my children to work hard and well and that real satisfaction and joy come from work.

5. Whale. One of my favortie animals.

6. Wait. Something I do a lot. I wait for kids at violin lessons and tap class and soccer practice and early morning seminary. I wait for the dryer to go off, for water to boil, for lights to turn green, in the endless line at wal-mart. I wait for teens to come home late in the evening, for little boys to learn to shoot pee in the toilet, for babies to fall asleep. I wait.

7. Watch. Something I can never wear very long. Ever since I had radio-active iodine treatment for thyroid cancer the batteries never last long on me. Wierd huh?

8. Walk. I try to walk the walk and not just talk to the talk. I want to lead by example and walk the path the Savoir would have me. I also try and mentally "walk a mile" in someone else's shoes and offer help not criticisim to them.

9. Wasabi. This represents my love of food. I think I am an adventursome eater and like to try lots of things. I like most things. But not all.

10. Wash. I am grateful that my sins can be washed away by the atonement of the Saviour Jesus Christ. What a blessing this is.

6 comments:

Shhhhhhhh! said...

I love your list. Thanks for stopping by.

Gabriela said...

What a nice post. I liked your "Words" entry. Very sweet.
Thanks for playing.

Lei said...

Have you ever been whale watching? One of the best things about living in Hawaii!

Lisa M. said...

This has been one of my most favorite letter lists.

I love the one "wait"

Beautifully written, and thank you for such insights.

utmommy said...

I want to play, let me know how.

Diana Mancuso said...

Love your W words. I'm sorry to hear you had thyroid cancer. That must have been quite the ordeal. Plus you have 6 kids? You're one of those rare supermoms I've always admired.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your much welcomed advice.