THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

what do teens like to do?

Week one of summer vacation is well under way. We have our house full of teens (4) of them. And littles (3) of them. And dogs (2) of them and a husbands (just 1). It's been fun. I've been playing the part of cruise director a bit, not wanting our visitors to be "bored". We've gone to blockbuster every day. They've swam every day. And we took one trip to the mall, 2 to wal-mart, two trips to the theater to see a movie, one to an ice cream shop and spent one day of rest at church. I love Sunday, it's such a commotion free day. No shopping anywhere, no wet bathing suits, no requests to go to Sonic or Wings 21 or anywhere :)

Yesterday we had several friends over to swim and BBQ. It was really nice. We stayed in the pool until after dark. I made a new kabob recipe that was really good and we had a fun time visiting.

Of all the movies we've rented the last few days I have liked Bride and Prejudice the best. It's a modern day spin on the Jane Austen classic set in India. It was fun and a little cheesy. Tonight after family folding party we are watching Cheaper by the Dozen 2 and eating my sister Val's secret popcorn recipe! Yum.

Jess, who is the only child at home, is shocked by our chores. She cheerfully participates but kind of shakes her head while she does it. Family cleaning hour she proclaimed 'fun' the first time. Today when I announced we were having a folding party tonight she asked what that was. I said to her, well what does it sound like. Like you fold something she answered, still not guessing the fun that was in store. Yep, we fold all the laundry pileing up in the laundry room and put it away. Wow, she said, how long does that take? Hours answered S and J. She believed them. Really when we all do it together it takes less than one hour. Even if we have loads and loads! Many hands really do make light work.

7 comments:

Amadeo said...

i laughed out loud thinking of S and J saying "hours". I can totally picture them saying that, yet still doing it.

Gabriela said...

Your household sounds like so much fun. 4 teenagers? Wow.

My friend recommended that "Bride and Prejudice". I think we'll have to check it out!

Lisa M. said...

We have three teens here, and I have no idea what on earth I am going to do with them this summer.

Camping, I suppose.

It does seem though, that the time flies, somehow.

The BBQ sounds fun and so does the movies.

I love the summertime!

Karla said...

Folding party, I love it! We sometimes have fun sorting the clean laundry - tossing it basketball style into each person's basket. BTW, if your interested, I'm tagging you w/ the se7ens meme. Only if you want to.

utmommy said...

I can't wait until my kids are old enough for folding parties. They're getting there!! I've heard about that movie, maybe we'll have to rent it when I'm there and you'll have to watch it again with me.

Mel said...

A folding party! What a great idea! Your house sounds like a fun place to be. I will have to check out the movie. Good luck with your guests.

Pirate Princess said...

great idea!