THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Come on Honey, lets go steal brothers chocolate.

It must be in the DNA, that's the only thing I can figure. G is hooked, she loves chocolate. Despite my attempts at a healthy breastmilk and organic veggies diet she tried her first bite of chocolate and now she loves it. So do the other girls in the family. The boy however has an Easter rabbit, in it's box, sitting on his book shelf like it's a knick knack or something. How weird is that? The rest of us have walked by it on many occasion shaking our heads in disbelief, our own yummy easter treats long gone. This morning we needed chocolate.

Yesterday poor J didn't make Mascot. It was very disappointing. We didn't even have time to properly mourn the lose (by going to Sonic of course for an ice cream something) because we had to rush to a mandatory parent meeting for the drill team and I didn't even have time to drop J off first; so rubbing salt into the wound we went to hear about how much fun S was going to have next year. Not that J was a bad sport about it, but I felt bad. Then we came home to a stressful night. Dinner wasn't turning out well, kids stayed up too late swimming. R and I had a disagreement about something silly, ect. This morning I had plans to go swimsuit shopping (need I say more) and when I arrived back at the casa to get ready after dropping kids off at three different schools I saw the magic mop in the driveway. They weren't supposed to come until tomorrow. This was not a welcome site. I need several hours the day before they come to really get ready and to be able to fully utilize them and enjoy their visit. I like to have all the laundry done, toys picked up and things in general readiness.

With a big sigh I abandoned my plans and let them in and then spent the next hour cleaning with them so that the clutter was out of the way and they could find the kitchen sink. After that I quit and played w/ G and they finished. Things look nice but I don't want a repeat. I do think, however, that I will request these two girls to come back because they were friendly and quick and got stuff the last ones missed.

Meanwhile Kriste came to pick up E for preschool. We live on the same street and trade rides for the boys and usually trade boys after "school" to play. Thurday is my driving/keeping Kyle day. Today E didn't want to go, of course, and cried and complained. He also didn't want to stay after and play. Sometimes he doesn't. I am fine with that, I actually like his company. I always feel badly though because then Kyle is sad. E is all boy. He has some friends who, like him, love to make noise, battle, run around and dig in mud or anything gross. He lOVES those "guys". He has some other friends who are more calm and nice. Kyle is one of those. Even though he likes Kyle he doens't always want to play with him. Last week when they played E came home saying he always felt mad because Kyle treated him like a baby because Kyle can read and E can't. They are both three and this isn't a huge problem in my mind but I guess it is in E's. He asked me to teach him to read, so we've been having "reading lessons" during G's nap time and it's going fine. Kyle is a great reader, he has an exceptional brain, that said this isn't a competition. I have kids who have read young, and one who didn't read until well into 2nd grade. All are bright and good students. I've been a mom long enough to know that you can't compare your kids to your friends, or your kids to each other. Everyone has different strengths. I also know that when you are small you don't always feel that way and this is a real upset to E. So we'll happily work on it together.

So, we got E off. Got things clean and then D called. She moved into her new apartment. She's excited and we visited for a few minutes. Then the inevitable, I need some money. She's been really quite good at living in the budget we give her, plus the money she earns. This last month she's had some extra expenses though. sigh.

After I got off the phone I scooped up a fussy G and said "come on honey, lets go get E's bunny and eat just the ears" and we did.....

did it help? Yep.

2 comments:

Paul said...

This post made me raid our bag of Dove chocolates!

utmommy said...

I would've eaten the bunny too!! How could he not love chocolate? Sorry about the bad day.