THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

New Beginnings

Tonight is our young women's New Beginnings. I am looking forward to it, we've been planning for some time and I think it will be a nice evening for the girls. We choose a cupcake theme and Liz made cute little clay sculpty cupcakes for each of the girls to take home, I made cupcake aprons for all the new girls and we are having cupcakes for dessert:)

Besides the cute stuff we'll have a couple of talks and a pretty musical number.

Why cupcakes?
Well, they are cute and sweet like our young women, and you take all the ingredients you need to bake and mix them together just right and at the end you have a tasty confection that is lovely inside and out. Same with our young women's program. They work on the different values, adding stuff to their character and as they "bake" they grow into lovely young women, also inside and out. Fun:)

9 comments:

The Texas Bakers said...

We have New Beginnings tomorrow night. Our theme is "Think Outside the Book!" We're doing a workshop on the new PP book. Your cupcake theme sounds fun and tasty! The aprons are super cute.

Alison said...

Cute idea!
Super cute aprons!!
You always have such great ideas...especially for YW, and FHE, and parties and...

nikko said...

Ours is tonight, too! Cute aprons!

The two old crows said...

I love the cup cake theme and the aprons. You are going to be awesome at this job.

matt and michelle ray said...

Sounds like fun! I can't wait!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

cute stuff and good relating!

Debby said...

I got a sneak peek of the sculpy cupcakes, frosted in the YW value colors. Cute. What a fun night you have planned.

Martines Family said...

Love the aprons. Love your talents. love your humble characteristic, Love your friendship. Your Awesome!!

Yvonne said...

You are so incredible. I love the idea. I hope it was a great evening.