THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-day

Happy Valentines day! It was a good one here.

Last night Beloved took me to Clark's Landing, a nice on the water seafood restaurant. We ate yummy bacon wrapped scallops and stuffed shrimp and crab soup. It was delish! Then we went to the movies. It was a very nice evening.

Today we went to church, there was a special spirit there. I think everyone was so happy to be back to church after many weeks of being snowed out. We greeted each other with warm hugs and happy smiles. The meeting was especially good. The Bishop had invited several people to share their conversation stories and they were all very touching and the spirit was strong. I loved it!

After church we had a linger longer. It made me take a pause and remember back to our first week here in MD, they had a linger longer after sacrament that day too and we stayed and met people. Everyone was nice, but it was strange to be with a new ward and unfamiliar faces. Now 7 months later we were among friends. The kids sat at different tables with their friends; we all visited and ate and talked business and chatted and were right at home. Time and the shared love of the gospel really forges new bonds and friendships that are sweet. I am grateful for that.

We gave each of the kids a little heart with chocolates that they enjoyed this morning, tonight we will have dessert in our fun new valentine ramekins:)



6 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Miss Lu looks like she is getting baptized and I know she is too young butit will be here sooner than we know it:)we miss y'all Your V day sounds so nice :)

Kenzie D said...

that looks like fun. HAPPY VALENTINES TO YOU GUYS




when you comment on my blog will you give me hannahs blog name thanks

Debby said...

Linger longers are fun. You are right about the spirit being especially strong today. It was great to be able to see everyone again.

Shelly said...

glad you feel welcome and among friends. You have definitely added a lot to our ward and I am so glad to know you. You are such an example to me personally.

utmommy said...

Still laughing at the linger longers!

Yvonne said...

I can't believe you have been there for 7 months already. We have linger longers here, too, but for awhile they were doing them on Fast Sunday--right after Church???

Glad you had a great Valentine's Day.