THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, February 05, 2010

snow day

my phone rang in the early a.m. hours, it was the school. They called another snow day. We are expecting a foot or more this afternoon and they didn't want to get stuck with 600 kids in the school and no transportation out:) I can't really blame them.

Friday is my normal go to Wal mart day. It's pay day so you can do the math:) Today I got up on time and showered and headed out, I thought I might beat the mad rush and Beloved is home so he kept the sleeping children.
I got to wal mart and it was PACKED, like night before Christmas PACKED...or day of a BLIZZARD packed. Luckily I have my snow shovels, my neighbor, who was prepared and has shovels but who's son broke theirs was out scouring around for one yesterday, no luck. Of course. It took me literally 3 weeks to find ours after the first big snow that caught us unprepared. I offered her one of mine, for the record.
Everyone was patient and calm and the aisles were CROWDED, but I brought home the goods and we are set.

Oh, on the way home I also waited in the longest gas line ever.

Now the groceries are put away, I am on the computer, the snow is falling and I am also listening to H practice her clarinet accompanied by Millie who groans and whines at every note played by any instrument, save the piano, in our house. We call it singing, but I think she calls it a protest:)

6 comments:

nikko said...

You guys have certainly had your share of snow this year!

How funny about Millie. I didn't know she was a singer! :o)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I heard 20-28 inches expected--yikes!

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

we have never had a full snow day here- just one half day last year. But then- the biggest snowfalls always seem to happen during the break.

Have fun staying snuggy- and I would seriously consider a snowblower- It will make you and your back very happy.

utmommy said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow days.

Too bad I wasn't there, because then we could treats together. What else?

Yvonne said...

My goodness--I hope you stay safe. It's always amazing how everyone gets out to get all those necessities when they hear snow is coming, eh ; )

The two old crows said...

ya after awhile you learn to shop a day or two early so as not to be in the mad rush to clean off all the shelves in the store.