THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

middle of the week

today was dental health day. Otherwise known as bi-annual torture day. Today was no better than any other. Maybe a little worse. I found out this week that our dentist will no longer be accepting our insurance plan. Our dentist is barely adequate as it is, now we are stuck with Monarch dental or other such group, which I do not want to go to. Luckily we've all gone this year and we can switch to a nicer (read: more expensive) plan in the fall and then pick who we want to go to without too much of a time gap. We do have two dentists in our ward, I am pretty sure I don't want to go to them though. Not that I think they are bad, I am sure they aren't. I just prefer to have a stranger tell me that I need to floss, instead of a friend.
My hygienist today was the one I always get. She's real nice and we always have a nice, albeit one wayish chat. She chats and I say uhhh, ohhh, mmm, hhh until it's time to spit then I spit and quickly answer the ten questions she asked me and open again for the next round. Unfortunately for her, and today for me, her husband cheated on her and left her after 12 happy years of marriage and all though she's "over it", I got a very thorough cleaning between sniffs and jabs that left me bloody, and sympathetic.

I hate the dentist, and men.

Neither J nor I have cavities. DH got gold star on Monday and H goes next week. S has a small cavity.

Before the dentist I made funeral potatoes for MollieAnne's funeral. After the dentist I made a spiderman cake and spring swirl cake for brother's carnival. No photos because I watch Ace of Cakes and know what a good cake looks like and this was not it :)

Lu got to play with K and P while I was at the dentist, thank you Nikko.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I hate to go to the dentist, too. Our old Stake President used to be my dentist--never bothered me, he knew I didn't floss!!!! I always told him I'm supposed to read my scriptures, do my v.t., write in my journal, do service, etc., .and you expect me to floss, too ; )

It must have been sooooooo incredibly fun listening to the hygienist ; )

Wish you had posted pictures of the cake--I bet they looked great.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I don't hate men just abusers and worse

Anonymous said...

I think my dentist likes me. She asked me to see her every 3 months.

I told my wife about this. She thinks I'm a donkey. The dentist wants to see me more often, she explains, because I floss regularly ... about once a week.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

I have a good life said...

I don't go to "friend" dentists either. It is just too weird and I am too embarrassed. It is why I understand if those in our ward choose another chiropractor. It can be uncomfortable.

Thanks for the potatoes. We had enough food and I am so grateful.

Anne/kq said...

I get to have my wisdom teeth out and some cavities filled in May. Owwww. My mouth hurts thinking about it. (Actually, my mouth hurting is why I'm having it done; I know it will feel better in the long run. But I'm dreading the "short run"...)