THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

this is seriously delicious

I found this recipe on Full Bellies, Happy Kids and it looked yummy and easy.
We made them for FHE treat last night and they were awesome. DH and Papa said it was a 100 on a scale of 1-10. Everyone liked them.

APPLE DUMPLINGS
2 Granny Smith apples ( I used Gala and we cut up 3)
2 cans crescent rolls (I squeezed in 3 but two would be better for room to fluff up)
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoons
vanilla
cinnamon
1 small can Mountain Dew (I used Sierra Mist)
Peel and core apples. Cut apples into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan. Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir. Add vanilla, stir, and pour over apples. Pour Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.



I will make this again, it was quick and yumm-0!

8 comments:

Gabriela said...

that looks SO.GOOD. I wish I could get cresent rolls here. I'll have to file that one away for our trip this summer!

those "woah biks" look like a lot of fun!

nikko said...

PW had this on her site the other day. It looks so yummy!

Britni said...

This looks delicious. Richie loves hot apple stuff, and I like crisp so yum. Maybe next week!

I have a good life said...

I also saw the recipe on the blogs recently, loved it, bought the stuff for it...and I'll make it for Sunday dessert. Yummy! :)

marcia@joyismygoal said...

sounds so good--- that would be tasty since it seems similar to the sopapilla cheesecake

c. griffith said...

This looks delish, I'll have to make it for the boys! Thanks !

utmommy said...

Yum-o sounds like a good word!

Anne/kq said...

That looks pretty tasty. Too bad we don't buy canned biscuits/rolls. I wonder if I can find a sub recipe for crescent rolls...