THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 29, 2008

trophy, soda and such

Yesterday I got to spend the day waiting around for the AC guy to come again. Ironically our AC worked fine until we got a cleaning special and these guys came round and found all these broken parts and started to "fix" it. Last week it was to the tune of $500. This week another $400 and we still have the other unit to work on. Most distressing. I am grateful that we can pay for it, I am just annoyed that it has to be paid for at all.

Last night we had a KBT at the Cooks. DH won the trophy! It was very exciting. More importantly everyone had a fun time and left with good feelings...unlike last month's blood bath.


Today was a typically busy Saturday. DH and J went on a hike with the venturing crew. He was teaching the girls how to use the GPS and they are in training for their hike this summer. They went 7+ miles today. Both J and DH reported that it was fun.

Meanwhile I had volleyball duty and the school carnival to attend. H enjoyed her game, I think. The team isn't very good but they are making improvements. The important thing is to have fun, of course the fun thing is to win but I guess we can't always win :)

After the game we headed over to the carnival. It wasn't very crowded when we arrived, which I was glad about since I was trying to keep track of everyone at the same time. The kids played games. Lu won a bottle of soda by throwing a ring on it. E and H had to give it a second try but only got candy. E did do great at throwing the other things and so did H. They bounced in the bouncing houses, bid on silent auction baskets, ate carnival food and H got her hair sprayed purple and orange.

Tonight S and J and I are going to the Young Women's Broadcast, which I am looking forward to. My only wish is that Dani were here to go with us.

After the carnival we had to stop at Wal-mart. When we were walking out there was a big commotion. We heard something about a fist fight or something. Great. I had everyone hop on the basket (or buggie if you are a true texan) and went for the far door to try and avoid the crowds. What it actually was though was a man, handsome and well dressed, being held to the wall by 3 workers. He had been shoplifting and they were waiting for the police to arrive. It made my stomach drop to see them, then I noticed he was yelling "where are my kids? someone get my kids". We turned the corner and there were four little kids (also well dressed and cute). The oldest boy was talking on the cell phone telling someone they needed to come get them cause dad was going to jail. The little girl was crying. It was awful. There were a couple of girls from the optometrists office helping them so I didn't stop. Plus my kids were now scared and crying. It was an awful scene. I was thinking for the $30 item, or $100 or whatever it was this man has traumatized his children. They will forever remember him being held to the wall and waiting for someone to get them and being scared. So sad.

5 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

My stomach dropped too :( dumb guy Yeah for Lu and her soda sign her up for softball Congrats Rob

Yvonne said...

Sounds like another busy weekend for you. The carnival sounds fun.

Congrats to your hubby for winning the tournament and helping the girls get ready for their hike.

What a sad story about that dad--his poor children.

I thought the Broadcast was wonderful.

I have a good life said...

How very sad (the shoplifting guy). Definitely not worth it. Sounds like a fun, busy day! Another Saturday, eh?

Gabriela said...

That's awful (walmart story). So sad!

LOL about "buggy" though-that's what they said in Louisiana too and I could never get myself to say it.

wendy said...

Oh my! That is terrible and so scary. His poor children.

What a busy day!