THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 17, 2009

bus

Today I got to the bus stop early to pick Lucy up. Yesterday I was late, but it wasn't my fault. I asked when it would drop off and was told 11:35. At 11:25 Sierra and I started walking down to the bus, we were just rounding the corner at the top of the little hill when we saw the bus pull up at the stop, at the bottom. Oh no! We started to run. We were both in flip flops and S kept saying "run faster mom" as she got farther and farther behind me! I raced to the stop and pantingly apologized. The bus driver told me it was 11:28 and that was what time he would always be there.
One of my nightmares is that I won't be there when one of the kids needs to be picked up or comes home. shudder ...and it almost came true.

One of my other, wake up in the middle of the night in a panic, parenting nightmares did come true a couple of years ago. I couldn't believe it and it was SO HORRIBLE. Thank goodness Dani was with me so she could help me fix the mistake, which I was barely able to do.

It is a big responsibility when the magic of childhood and the safety of your little ones lies squarely on your shoulders. It literally wakes me up in a panic from time to time.

Today I was there at 11:25...and the bus came at 11:32.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

But he will ALWAYS be there at 11:28 ; )

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

Isn't that the way it always is :)

He might have been waiting on a parent who wasn't quite there yet- or he might not-