THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 17, 2009

so what do I do with my new free time?

Now that I am going to have three free hours every day I need to think of something worthwhile to do with them. At one point in my life I thought that when the day finally came I would take a nap.

I didn't do that:)

Yesterday flew by with errands.

Today Sierra and I went on a long and lovely bike ride. We rode through our neighborhood and looked at the new construction. It's fun to see what the neighbors are up to, what's in the garage, or what they are planting. One unexpectedly fun thing about living here is the sense of community I have found. I think it's because we are all new and the neighborhood is new and so traditions are being formed and things are growing and there is a lot of interest in the goings on. I am excited for our side walks to be finished and to get our tree. So are others around me and we talk about it while we wait for the bus, or get the mail, or are out taking a walk. Then we took the little path through the woods and up the hill (I barely made it..I kid you not) to the library, we continued on to the hospital and rode through the cute established neighborhood there, then headed back. Coasting down the hills, laughing with S and enjoying the cool morning air was so fun. Puffing up the hill, being laughed at by S and sweating wasn't so much but I guess it was good for me.

When we got back she got ready for school and I started the home making chores.

So with my new free time I plan on working out a few times a week, volunteering at the school, keeping up on laundry, becoming a scriptorian, hand making the kids Halloween costumes and writing a book.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I haven't ridden a bike in years--downhill wouldn't be too bad, but uphill--that's another story.

I think you would make a great writer--can hardly wait.

I have a good life said...

I, also, can't wait for your book! What great goals you have for your free time. Since you have so much of it, do you want to hand-sew my kids' costumes, too? K wants to be a hand for Halloween. Hmm...how am I going to make that happen?

Head Nurse or Patient- you be the judge said...

I unexpectedly went back to work the year my baby went to kindergarten- and as of yet can't find any free time laying about.

Great goals and best wishes for making it happen!

By the way- are your parents okay? Your mom hasn't been in the blog world recently-

The Tall and Short of it said...

Sounds like you will be spending your time very wisely!! I am NOT a reader, as you know, but I would totally read your book!

Alison said...

WOW!! great goals. You will stay very busy. I bet S is enjoying her time with you in the mornings. Kids thrive on their "one on one time".