THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Fall Y'all!

Tomorrow is the first day of fall. Lucy came home from pre-K on Friday and announced it, then counted down. I love fall, it's so festive and it marks the start of the holiday season. I think this will be an interesting year for us because we will have four seasons, the air here is already crisp in the mornings and the leaves are turning colors, fields are being harvested and advertising pumpkins and corn mazes. Lots of fall fun. This morning my neighbor and I were walking back to our homes after dropping the kids at the bus and talking about how different it is here. She is Nigerian and told me the first year she lived in the US she couldn't even go outside in the winter it was SO freezing to her! :)

I did my weekly shopping this morning and found these fall treats! I am a sucker for packaging and the creme bruelle candy corns called my name, as did the cute Halloween oreos. I also got pumpkin soap at Bath&Body! Love it!!!

I'm trying some new recipes tonight, I always tend to do that when I am cooking for others, which totally doesn't make sense because what if it's horrible? Anyway I made Velveeta chicken enchiladas & Mexican salad. Can't wait to taste them, and then my fav 3 ingredient pumpkin cookies.


H started her after school robotics program and came home very excited about that. Lu was very excited today as well because she finally got to paint during "centers"!

6 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

i am so happy but not at all suprised that y'all are fitting in so quickly Can i have that famous recipe ?

Yvonne said...

Happy Fall to you ; )

Enjoy the beautiful colors out your way. My kids in Massachusetts say it is beautiful. Our trees are changing.

nikko said...

I'm so jealous that you are actually going to get fall there. It's starting to cool off here, too. Who knows, maybe soup on conference weekend will actually sound good this year?!

Natalie said...

Happy Fall! It's beginning to be fall here too. Leaves are starting to fall and it's cooled off a lot. I will soon see what fall is like over here.
Miss you.
Hurry and get your skype fixed.
Love n' hugs.

I have a good life said...

I love Fall, too. In fact, I just posted about it. Glad you are having so much fun! Seems like MD is a good fit for you guys. I am so glad.

Shauna6pack said...

I want the pumpkin cookie recipe, too!