THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, September 11, 2009

i rememeber

It's been a lot of years now and life is different in a post 9-11 world. Flying is different, America's innocence gone, the idea that nothing can hurt us is certainly gone.

It's a rainy, cold morning here in "beautiful Maryland", appropriate weather to take a moment and reflect on the atrocities of the past and the hope of the future. I am grateful to live in a land of freedom, to be blessed with the ability to choose. I was talking the other day with Shayna, who served a mission in Estonia and she was saying that the people there have no freedoms and that even the old women dye their hair crazy colors like purple because dyeing their hair is one thing they could chose to do. What a sharp contrast from our lives where we can be anything and do anything.

I hope we always value and protect our free agency and make choices that allow us to stay free, personally and as a nation..and as a world.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Thank you for posting this--very well said.

I, too, am grateful we live in a free land.