THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, April 17, 2006

3 spots in my home that reflect me.

I enjoy reading lots of different blogs. One of my many favorites is OwlHaven and if I knew how to stick in a link here I would, something to figure out soon! She posted a little contest. Take a picture of three small spots in your home that are a reflextion of you. That sounded like lots of fun so here I go with my first post your response to:


This is the corner of my living room and my favorite rocker. It's the best nursing, reading, holding, loving spot. It is also so comfortable to sit in. The walls are a soft yellow, which I love and the kids instruments are in the corner. I like to sit here and listen to one of them practice.


This is the china cabinet in the kitchen. DH painted it and I love it. It is filled with some of our many pitchers. DH's beloved Grandmother gave me a bunch of her pitchers. She was moving out of her home of many decades and down sizing, we were growing bigger and bigger so it was the perfect transition. I love them because I love her. I also love them because pitchers remind me of the Bible story of the woman at the well. I love to think of Christ's compassion and love for us and that we can drink of living water and never thirst is we follow Him. Besides pitchers I also collect chickens. Again because it reminds me of the Savior gathering His followers like a hen gathers her chicks. You can see a few of the chickens on the top of the cabinet.



Lastly our backyard pool. The reason I moved to this house in the first place. DH wanted a bigger home, bigger yard. I didn't so much but I have always wanted a pool. So we found a house and he built me my dream pool. We designed it just the way we wanted it and it has been the source of countless hours of fun for the kids and for our friends and neighbors. It's been wonderful. Ironically I am not even a good swimmer, nor have I ever been, but it's one of those things that I made sure I did differently for my kids and I am glad. I made each of them take lessons- whether they cried and protested or went willingly and they are all fish. I love to watch them, I love to get in and cool off, I love to share with friends. It is a real joy and blessing to us!

5 comments:

owlhaven said...

Great pictures! Thanks for playing!!

Mary mom to many

Jenny said...

I want a pool like yours - alas we're in Illinois where we would only use it a 2 months out of the year.

Jo said...

I have really enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures. I will leave you my very favorite HTML tutorial. Personally I just copy and paste what the tutorial says into my page (and add the info I need into it.) This is the page on links for you. http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_links.asp

utmommy said...

Hey sis, what a fun idea, maybe I can try it. Those spots definitely reflect you. I love you!

Amadeo said...

I love your spots. I'm glad you didn't pick a computer or photo albums. Your pool looks so beautiful!