THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Slaying Dragons

This moring before work DH and I were talking about his career. His job is to defend the free world and keep it safe from terrorism and tyranny. He does that by building fighters. Lately they've been gearing up for a lot of testing and he has a lot of responsibility for that. So, at the end our talk, where I was mostly just a sounding board but that's part of being a good wife right? He kissed everyone good-bye and was headed out the door. Meanwhile E had been sitting/sleeping on my lap having a very slow wake up because he's been staying up too late and not napping and it's catching up to him. I called out to DH "have fun slaying dragons" and E sat right up with a sparkle in his eye and said "what did you say to dad?" I looked at him and he repeated "did you say something about dragons? I thought dad built planes?" It was really cute. I told him that yes his dad built planes and no dragons aren't real and so and and so forth. He's a funny kid. His mind really works hard and he asks lots of tough questions. The dragon one was easy though:)

Another really cute thing he said was at dinner on Sunday. We were at Papa and Grandma's house and E asked if there are any planes that drop a bomb on top of another plane while they are flying. DH told him they usually use missles for that kind of thing. Then E rephrased the question just a little and asked again. Again Papa and daddy explained. Then E thought a minute and said "well, I think the A slash B Tomcat drops bombs like that, I saw it in my book". He's three. Can we safely say Mr. Smarty pants to him?!

Preschool was here this morning. It was my last turn. They boys were cute. E will continue to go until the end of May, my turns to teach just got stacked at the front somehow.

H had a fun field trip yesterday. She got to pet a rat snake and an opposum. She also got to see a snake in the water and informed us it was a water moccassin so she stayed away. Good idea.

S and J both have try-outs next week. J wants to be the school mascot. S wants to be on the drill team. It will be a busy week. I don't know quite what to hope. I want them to do things they enjoy. On the other hand it's a big time and money committment. We're letting them try and then we'll see what happens. Hopefully they'll have fun at the try-outs and will feel good about doing their best. If they both make it maybe we'll live on Mac n Cheese for the summer:)

No comments: