THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

A Little Breathing Room

It's been several days since the magic mop visited our home. I have to say it's been wonderful. Things look more sparkly. They weren't perfect but I wasn't expecting perfection. In fact I was thrilled that a three woman team working all day couldn't get it all done. If they did I would have wondered why I don't. Still do, thanks to certain perfect friends, who shall remain nameless, who seem to do it all. But that's another topic. I still pick up all day. I still do 4 loads of laundry a day. I still clean the kitchen three times a day, and vacuum, and wipe the potty and each night I walk around for an hour folding, fluffing, sorting, picking up, scraping off, checking, locking, feeding, ect. But then it looks pretty good. I have random feelings of gratitude. Today R slept in and we got ready for the day. He's been working until 2am and going in to work in the morning and he needed a bit of catch up. When he got up he asked if we wanted to go to IHOP with him. And we did. And I was excited about it. I would have gone before but I would have thought "oh no, now I won't get _____done". After we had to go to the bank and move money into Dani's account. Her radiator cracked. Then we had to go get Turbo Tax because it really is the last minute. Then E wanted to go to the library. And we did. And I didn't have to inwardly groan because now "I couldn't get ______done. " When we got home we put G down for a nap and then I had time to read to E without guilt, or trying to skip a page. It's just bought me some more time to mother and nurture and take care of those I love. I think that's priceless and I am so glad that DH did this for us.

I'm reading "Anne of Green Gables". It's my first time and I love it. It's so sweet and funny and I love the way she uses language. I want to give my kids room to have "scope for the imagination". One of my many parenting goals.

We are counting down until summer. We have the usual reasons to do so: no school, no early mornings, lots of swimming time. This year we have another reason: My sister Val and her four little darlings are coming to visit for about 2 weeks and then we are driving to her house to visit for another 2 weeks. We are all SO excited we can hardly stand it. Val and I have made an itinerary of meals, summer school lessons, field trips, crafts and activities we want to do. Every day we talk about it and look forward to it. To quote Anne again "anticipation is half the fun".

I feel happy.

No comments: