THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 29, 2006

our sandbox and other things I "hate"

There are many kid things that I love. I love to sit with a stack of National Geographics and some kid scissors and cut out things that strike us as interesting. I love the smell of crayola crayons and to color with them. I love reading stories like "Where The Wild Things Are" or "Anne of Green Gables" or "Eragon" or "Goodnight Moon". I love watching disney videos. I love our pool, and the backyard swing, making play-doh, playing UNO. I don't mind a block tower built in our living room, bikes littering the garage, play zoo's, plastic food, legos or many other countless and nameless kid things that come from kids. There is one I hate....




our sandbox. It looks innocent enough. DH wanted to make one and I guess I didn't voice my concerns loudly enough because before I knew it he was actually doing it. Which is typical. When he has a project in mind he doesn't usually drag his feet. I was surprised he chose to put it on the porch...I thought somewhere way in the back where the sand might drop off on the trek back to the house would be nice, if we had to have one. He wanted it where the kids could use it every day and where I'd be willing to go and take the lid off of it. So it's 4 feet from our back door. My friend Kriste has a great sandbox that the kids love. And that drives her nuts. We had been there to play many times and every time I was happy the fun sandbox was at her house. I had the wet soggy pool mess and she had the sandy, grainy sandbox mess. It was a good system.

Now I have both. DH was right, the kids love it. They play there often and long and that part is nice. It makes the hugest mess. That part is not so nice. They come in with sand in their hair and ears and clothes. They drag in piles of it. It falls off their clothes and onto the couch, carpet and anywhere else they go. The tub gets full of grim. And now that's its almost summer and the sandbox is between the pool and the house I am sure we'll have "mud" and even more fun. Plus E loves to throw it all over the deck, on the house, at the windows, at the dogs.

1 comment:

utmommy said...

I hope you're ready for us. We love to play in the sand, but we are very very messy. Especially my little Spencer!