THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Star Wars Overload

My boy is an addict. To say that he loves Star Wars would be a serious understatement. He has the little guys, which he plays with all the time. I don't really mind that at all. It uses imagination and often they have battles outside. By definition boys playing outside is good. He has SW blankets. I don't mind that at all. Nana made them, E loves them. All is good. He loves a good light saber fight. I actually don't mind that either. It's physical and takes some skill and as long as no one ends up crying that's fine with me. In fact yesterday during J's violin lesson Creyton, our teachers 13 year old son, got out his light saber and fortunately E arrived at the lesson in his Darth Vader cape and with his red light saber so he was prepared and the two of them dueled it out. E laughed out loud with glee! Playing with a big boy and playing light sabers...how much better can it get? Creyton even "died" several times. This was wonderful. It made me smile to see them. He loves the movies. Now I'm starting to love it less. Watching a movie is pretty mindless. Sometimes it's great because then he's not under foot but often it's not so great. Lastly he love to play SW on the x-box. That I don't like at all. Sometimes he'll play with DH. They both love it and I guess there is something to be said for male bonding. He wants to play with friends. I never let them, which usually leads to some tears. He wants to play with me, no way. He wants to play all day long. Nope. This unfortunatly leads to a lot of tears and constant begging. We now have a policy. 1/2 hour a day. I set the timer, when it goes off I call him and if he cries, complains or asks for my time, or doesn't run down as fast as I'd like I tell him no more SW until his birthday (an eternity away). It's going okay. Is there something in that Y chromosome that makes them love video games? ...very strange.

No comments: