THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hawaiian Haystacks and Kauai Krunch Kake

Preschool was so fun yesterday. We studied opposites. We read "The Kiss that Missed"which is such a cute story about a king who is in a hurry at bedtime and blows a kiss to his son, the prince. The kiss misses and floats around the kingdom destowing kisses to all. A knight is dispatched to retrieve the kiss. I won't spoil the ending but will say the children loved it. After we made castles with a knight in front and a knight in back, and for good measure made a dragon for said knight to defend the castle from.

J (DD age13) and S (DD age15) had Young Women last night. I dropped them off and it was sad for us all. They said as they were getting out of the car, "I can't believe you aren't coming in! You've been in YW with us all these years." I went to Wal-mart, by myself, and bought new pj's for E who continues to grow tall but seems to keep the same waist size. Then I came home and lamented the fact that my favorite TV show, the "Amazing Race" switched nights. What was that all about? I know it's on tonight now and I am looking forward to it but my whole evening was thrown off. I hope Lake is going to be eliminated tonight. He's so rude.

I got very sad news this morning. D (dd age 18) isn't coming home at the end of the month for a visit. She's going to school in Provo Utah and we miss her horribly. She decided to stay and go to summer school, keep working, and stay near her boyfriend Greg. We are so proud of her and the good things she is doing and what a mature wonderful fun young lady she's grown up to be. I just wish I could enjoy those things in person more often:( I know we're supposed to raise our children to be independent and that's really what I want for them. But still....it's kind of hard.

Tonight the missionaries are coming over for dinner. We love to have them. It's so fun for E to have more boys at the table. Usually it's just him and dad, and sometimes Papa. We're having an island themed dinner: hawaiian haystacks (a kid favorite), Krunch Kake (Anna's secret recipe from her BYU-H days) and pineapple jell-o.

The other piece of "bad news" for the day is when I went visiting teaching this morning my friend Megan asked me to teach her RS lesson on Easter Sunday for her. Great, what an ambush!

The weather is so overcast it reminds me of camping at the beach in the summers of my youth. I need to take my kids camping on the beach some day, it's so fun. We're pretty land locked so it'll be tough to do but maybe someday.

No comments: