THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, April 03, 2006

Random Thoughts

My sister Anna started a blog, something we've talked about for a long time. She's the baby but she always beats me to the punch! When I "grow up" I want to be just like her:)

I just noticed that my computer hasn't sprung forward. Strange. I wish I could join it. I hate daylite savings and the whole spring forward thing. Fall back is okay, I get to sleep more. Or at least I get the illusion of having slept more. My oldest DD is 18 so I figure I haven't slept well in at least that long. When she was small people would ask me how she was doing or how I liked being a mom and I always answered with a log of how much we had slept recently. Looking back it seems funny but at the time it was paramount, and she wasn't much of a sleeper. Now, 6 kids later, I am more used to sleep deprivation and don't even expect a good nights rest. It's better that way.

We've been talking about getting someone to come in and clean every once in a while. DH has been all for it, I have been the hold out. Finally I agreed and this morning I came back from my Sams Club shopping trip to a message on my machine from "Roxy's Magic Mop" saying she'd be by in 1/2 an hour to look at the house, give an estimate and set up an appointment. I looked around my house and paniced. I had 1/2 an hour to make a good impression on the cleaning lady. The person who, by definition, I only know because I am too much of a slacker to keep things clean on my own. Yet I wanted to make a good impression. Wanted her to think that really I am neat and clean and organized and am only hiring her in the interest of keeping our economy strong. So I had to make some quick decisions. First I put breakfast dishes in the dishwasher and wiped off the counters and table. Then I made the beds, then I ran through the house picking stuff up. Finally I wiped the goo off G (15month old DD) and sent E (3year old DS) outside to play with the dog. Then I washed my hands and calmly pretended that I was putting groceries away the whole time. So we "passed" and Saturday we get our spring clean and then every other week the magic mop will come and do what I should. Two things struck me as funny about the whole thing. First is if I cleaned that fast every day I probably wouldn't need Roxy in the first place. Second who was I trying to fool?

We had a good trip to Sams today. Not for the reason you may think but because I found a great deal on books. The Classics Pack. 12 books for $14. Irrisistable. I stood in the aisle imagining myself reading out loud to the kids all summer long after a fun day spent in the pool and everyone is tired out, jammied up, and ready to listen and be transported away to magical lands with new friends and wonderful adventures! I would rather buy books than food. Would my family rather read than eat.. depends on what we're eating I guess. If it's the "gross" stuff I get accused of putting in front of them on a regular basis maybe. If it's McDonalds, that might be a toss up.

I teach preschool tomorrow. We have a co-op. It's very fun. I like my turn to teach as well as I like my turn to drop off my darling boy and have a few hours with just one kid to do errands with. So, I'm off to create some play-doh magic!

1 comment:

Amadeo said...

I want a Roxy too! And I want to come and listen to stories after swimming all day in the pool too!