THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The end of a season (soccer season that is.)

Today were the last games of the season. J had three. E had one. H had a b-day party and I had to get to Dallas in the afternoon to go to the temple with Caroline, who will be getting married in 3 weeks, and whose YW leader I was for many years and whose friend I am now. BUSY!

Two of the games were this morning so I got to see both kids play. J's team won and it was very exciting. They went on to finish in 2nd place for the league at the end of the day. Papa took J to her games in the afternoon and the two of them had a wonderful time together. E's team did great and the boys had a fun time. They don't officially keep score and I don't think I know who "won" at the end. E always thinks he does so that's good.


G watching the game. This lasted for about half the game, which was nice. The other half was spent chaseing her through the mud and bugs.


E waiting to play.

H and her friends Emmaline and Peyton picking flowers during the game. It's really a fun family day for all.

Grandma took H to the party. It was at Build A Bear and she had a wonderful time. After Grandma took her shopping and the two of them had so much fun.

I was able to leave for the afternoon. It was wonderful. It's so nice to see young people grow up and make good choices and become who they should be. I am so looking forward to the days when I am there with my own daughters and son. It will be wonderful beyond what I have the words to express.

S baby-sat and that went well. I came home and everyone was happy. I am so glad to have responsible, kind, older daughters that step up and try and be "mommy" when I am gone. It makes my mind feel at ease.

I am also so grateful that my parents live nearby. They are so wonderful. I enjoy having Sunday dinners, and FHE, and special times together. I also love the daily living that we can share. That the kids have someone to step in when their parents aren't there and fill those needs is priceless. We haven't had that in a long time and we are enjoying it a lot while they are here. Hopefully they are getting back something equally nice from the time they have with us.

Looking forward to the Sabbath. I am going to sub in E's class! It'll be so fun.

1 comment:

utmommy said...

What a cute family you have!! E is so cute in his soccer uniform. What a big boy.