THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

brain dump, random thoughts

I got to take a shower last night. I was thrilled. It's been 3 1/2 weeks of baths and I hate baths. If ever I took a bath for leisure purposes, which isn't often because the book gets wet, the water gets cold and I just don't enjoy it that much, I would take a shower after to get clean. But the shower is slippery and with one foot I couldn't manage. Last night I decided to give it a shot, and it went fine. This is big news to me. Also that means I can switch back to bathing in the morning instead of at night. I can't take a bath in the morning because I have kids throwing things in the water with me (at best) or trying to join me ( worst case scenario) and I much prefer a morning shower to an evening one. So things are looking up!

Bridesmaid dress problem. It turns out you have to order 10 weeks in advance and the delivery date should be several weeks before the wedding. We have less than 8 weeks until the wedding. D had a cute dress picked out. I am sure she'll find something else cute but I think it'll have to be off the rack, which is fine with me and I know it'll be find in the long run but a snafu none the less. That and booking a reception hall has to be done far in advance. I think everything else will go fine.

I'm cooking a turkey today. No special reason I just wanted to. Fall is in the air and I love turkey. I plan on making turkey soup in a day or two. Tonight I have to sew pouches for the boys "brother of Jared" stones for tomorrow's preschool. And I have to bake a pumpkin pie (surprise!:) )

Brother went to the dentist this morning. No cavities and a great visit. He loves the dentist. (unlike his mother I might add)

Yesterday it rained and rained. It was lovely.

6 comments:

nikko said...

I agree... The rain was lovely!

Hope your turkey turns out well.

Good luck with the dresses!

Anonymous said...

Yay for your shower. I hate baths too. I guess I better not break my leg then. :-)

Good luck with the bridesmaid dress thing. I never understood why they took so long, it's not like they are custom made or anything. Although for my brother's wedding this summer, ours actually came in quite early.

Yum yum, turket sounds great! What time is dinner?

Super Happy Girl said...

I also love cooking turkey just because, it smells so good and makes me think of thanksgiving...hmmmm...
Yay for showers and feeling clean; I don't do baths :(
Dresses, the whole wedding thing starts, exciting!

Anonymous said...

Oh my... it's a fast wedding huh? And everyone complained we only gave them 4 mos! lol!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE wedding preparations! They're so great! You're right though, the reception location is going to be a toughie, I hope you guys find something, you never know, you might get lucky!

utmommy said...

Our engagement was short too, and I think everything turned out great!

I love rain!