THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween!!

These were my favorite shots from last nights pumpkin carving extravaganza!

Today we will go trunk or treating, and trick or treating. E is also going to a birthday/Halloween party at preschool. H will dance her Halloween dance in her Stellaluna costume at dance class and I will make pumpkin chili and slimy red goop salad for dinner. It should be a good day!

Slimy Red Goop Salad

1 can mandarin oranges
1/2 cup water
2 pkg cherry jell-o
1 can cheery pie filling
3/4 cup cola

drain oranges and reserve juice, set fruit aside. In a large saucepan bring OJ and water to a boil; remove from heat. Stir in Jell-o mix until dissolved. Stir in pie filling and cola.
Pour into a bowl. Refrigerate for 50 min or until slightly thickened. Fold in reserved oranges. Refrigerate 3 hours longer and serve.

Pumpkin Chili

3 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 t salt
1 t pepper
2 t pump,kn pie spice
2 can condensed tomato soup
2 cans chili sauce
1 t sugar
1 t chili powder

Cook meat and onion until no longer pink. Add remaining ingredients, stir to mix well. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 hr.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures! Looks like fun.

wendy said...

Cute pumpkins - and girls! Your chili looks very yummy, who would have thought to add pumpkin?

Anne/kq said...

That salad looks pretty yummy to me. Alas, my husband hates cherries. So we won't be having it any time soon. :(

Millie said...

Slimy Red Goop Salad sounds intriguing. I might have to try it. :)

Amanda said...

We made your pumpkin chili last night. It was delicious!! Thanks for sharing.

Nettie said...

Now that's a cute pumpkinhead! I copy and pasted your salad recipe. Very intriguing! I'll have to give it a shot next year.