THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Slaying Giants

Today we our preschool turn again. It was fun, I think I might teach museum school when my kids all go to school. I think preschool is SO much fun.

This is shoe-less Lucy on the swings. She wants to do everything the boys do. She actually had shoes on, she just took them off. We are down to one pair of Robeez, which are the nicest shoe. Although she does have others she likes those best, and her crocs. She wore away the sole of one pair, out grew two and has one left. And all of that is totally beside the point but it was on my randomly flowing train of thought so there you have it.


We talked about David and Goliath and the Brother of Jared today. Last night E and I made these cute little pouches so that the boys could take home their stones. It was a hit, everyone liked the stones and the pouches and they acted out the story several times with great dramatic flair!
We had a sling shot and water balloons to hit Goliath with. Everyone missed, every time. It was still fun:)
D got a great photographer lined up. I saw her website and thought her work was so nice so I am really excited. They also got their honeymoon figured out. They are going on a cruise. I have never cruised before but I hear it's very fun. Also found runner up bridesmaid dresses so things are on track.
At the beginning of the wedding planning (a whole week and a half ago) I knew we could potentially run into some stressful moments. Some drama, some misunderstanding between families, whatever. This seems to be par for the course but I didn't want that. (not that anyone ever does) and luckily D is not a high drama person. So far things have been going well. There have been a few issues come up but for the most part it's been just fine.

$$$ is of course always a big deal. What to spend it on, who buys what, how much should a bridesmaid dress cost anyway (that one's for DH). Since we're traveling to the wedding there are a lot more costs involved.

So we had planned to go to Ohio for Thanksgiving, and D was meeting us and we were excited and happy. Then she got engaged and we were thrilled and excited and happy. Then we started planning, which is fun and hectic and we started to see our calendar get very packed with very big plans. So we thought we might have to postpone going to Ohio until Spring Break. This is a disappointment but it seemed like the only reasonable thing to do. It would save a lot of money, especially since we could change (for a small fee) D's ticket to one going to TX the Open House weekend. We wouldn't have to pay for gas/hotel up to Ohio and back and DH could save that time and drive with us instead saving his ticket and we'd only have to buy D one ticket and not two.
Sounds like a good plan.
Snafu
Bob (Greg's dad) already got tickets for the kids to travel to TX and back since they are honeymooning on a cruise leaving from Galveston and it was easier to book all those legs together.
Now we have a ticket that only she can use and no place to use it unless we go to Ohio after all (not a budget friendly choice for that month). One option is for her to use it next summer on our planned Disneyworld trip {small pause for me to say I am SO excited about that, we look on the Disney website at least twice a week to anticipate all the fun we'll have in June!}

...this will work out, I am not stressed, D is happy, we are excited and I get to shower tonight!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sure, you don't sound stressed at all. It will all work out, don't worry.

Now Disneyworld sounds like fun, I would love to go there.

Awesome Mom said...

I love Robeez too. I just wish they were not so dang expensive I almost don't want the boys to wear them lol

Anne/kq said...

Ah, wedding planning.

I got so annoyed by it I wanted to just take off from the temple and not have any celebrating at all! Of course, since no one in my family is LDS, that wouldn't have worked to well. I survived. And I (hopefully) never have to do it again. Seemed like every choice I made ticked off one person or another... But again, they're mostly over it now, and I never have to do it again. In other words, "This, too, shall pass." Take the good and cast aside the bad in your memory; it will all be over soon enough. :)

I hate to sound stupid but... what's museum school?

Anne/kq said...

*too well, not to well.

Lana said...

the fort worth museum of science and history or whatever it's offical name is has a wondeful preschool program and also programs for older kids. It's downstairs from the museum and so much fun!

nikko said...

Good luck with headaches, oh I mean wedding/travel planning. ;o)

Disneyworld sounds like so much fun!

Wow! A cruise!

Anonymous said...

yep... it WILL work out. ;)