THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Why yes those are rain drops on their heads...

It's been a long day and the children are cranky. There is no particular reason for it, nothing that sets this day apart from all others as one for particular unrulyness. But for whatever the reason that's what we have. Crying kids. Kids jumping on the couch, begging to play x-box, wanting a snack right before dinner, not wanting to clean up or do homework. So I did what any other mom would do...I sent them outside to play. Never mind that it's getting dark and starting to sprinkle and it's kind of cool outside. Never mind that they don't have on shoes and now I will have to give them a bath. Fresh air is a miracle cure and we needed it.

There is something wholesome and healthy about playing outside with your brother and your sister that is good for the soul.

So while I'm inside making a gourmet dinner of spaghetti and canned pears. They are outside in the mud.

Life is good:)

8 comments:

nikko said...

Must have been something in the air today. I endured incessant whining and craziness as well!

Teresa said...

Sounds like an average night in my house...what's the deal?

Seriously though, the cure is ALWAYS outside play for my little guys!

Awesome Mom said...

Mornings are cranky times for us, usually I take the kids out in the stroller and they calm right down.

Anne/kq said...

We had spaghetti, too, and I considered canned pears, but our GI tracts have been screwed up with a nasty virus, so I skipped the fruit!

I wish we had an outside for Emma to play in, she loves outside so much. :(

Amanda said...

Spaghetti here too!
Isn't it great to be able to herd them outside and they are SO much more pleasant, if not a little dirty, when they come back in.

wendy said...

Yeah for outside time!

I have enjoyed reading back through some of your posts - I really like the one about contentment - thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea, mom. Unfortunately mine are still too young to send out on their own, but I can't wait for that day to come.

Millie said...

Yowza on the outside time. My kids need it more often, I think.