THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Conference Weekend

We had a good weekend.
Friday night DH and I went out with our friends. It was a lot of fun, I need to take my parents to Pei Wei, they would like it.
Saturday morning brother had a soccer game. We won 6-0. The weather was pleasant and we enjoyed the game.
We listened to conference on the internet and then in the evening went to Nikko's soup thing. It was, as always, very fun. I made Halloween poke cake which was "interesting". It wasn't my favorite dessert ever but it looked festive and was gone at the end of the evening so I guess it must have been okay.

Sunday morning the kids got up and made marshmallow witches. The hats turned out so cute, sadly we bought store brand marshmallows instead of the Jetpuff kind and they were inadequate. They didn't have the form and substance needed to hold up the hat. Some things name brand are really just better for and I guess marshmallows is one of them.
We'll try again. The kids had a really fun time making them.
We also brought an apple/celery/walnut/raisin salad that was so yummy. The pot luck went well, lots of people helped with the set up and clean up so that was nice too. Conference was awesome. I am anxious to read it when it comes out in the Ensign. It's hard to hear everything every session since we have little ones and Saturday is always busy and yadda, yadda. The years I make an effort to really listen to all the sessions it's always so worth it.

Tonight we went to Papa and Grandma's for dinner. She has all her fall decorations up and it looks so seasonally cute! I need to get mine out. We had pumpkin pancakes for dinner and the kids thought that was so fun.

Ruth had her baby, a little boy they called Jarom Daniel. I think that is really a cute name and am happy for her. Meanwhile my baby is getting big, she's 20 months old already. I can't believe it!


5 comments:

Super Happy Girl said...

I have a small family and all my extended family live in another state, so I don't see them that often. You are so lucky to have such a big, beautiful, connected family (makes me a little jealous). What’s on top of the witch’s hat?
Your pictures are so cute, I called them "jammie-days", everyone in the PJs doing something fun, usually around eating and watching a movie.
Family is all about making memories.

utmommy said...

Cute picture of the littles!

Millie said...

Carter has those same soccer jammies. I love that they're mismatched. :) That's so often the way it goes!

Lana said...

witch hat: chocolate cookie, reeses peanut butter cup, hershey kiss. Stacked in that order and then pipe orange around the brim. The kids did the whole thing themselves and had a lot of fun!

Joyismygoal said...

I love those jammie days too puzzles,lots of books, Hot chocolate, and creations: cookies, lincoln log lands ,marbleworks, bbc kids movies, and of course legos