THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday best

Sunday is my favorite day of the week. I love to go to church with my family. I love to see my friends there. I love to take the sacrament and to hear the talks and to teach the wonderful teenagers and to go to Relief Society.

Today I was sitting in RS and I was thinking what an awesome organization it is. I don't know where you can sit in a room with so many diverse women, different ages, different backgrounds, different talents and still have such great love for each other, and support for one another. It is so wonderful!

Today I sat by Nicole. A young woman, almost 20, who I taught in YW a couple short years ago. She is single and her boyfriend just left for Kuwait, she is leaving for the Air Force herself in 2 months. We laughed together at Lucy running around, and shared a hymn book and I gave her a hug when another sweet sister came and asked about her boyfriend and she teared up. I sat behind Sandy, another mother of 6, and Kristy, a new mom with a 3 month old darling baby. Leading the music was the oldest sister in our ward, she's probably in her 80s somewhere yet every week she comes, she leads the music, she talks to the babies in the ward and tells the young mom's how cute they are.
We passed around a sign up sheet to feed the missionaries, and to bring meals in to a sick sister. They had a box for donations for our humanitarian aid project. We had a chance to look at a food storage order, hear about an upcoming ward social, welcome a visitor and hear a wonderful lesson taught by Delyn, who is so funny and warm and wonderful.
I love the gospel and the ward family we get to have.

I loved seeing Chad, a handsome young man home for a weekend from college and to hear about his schooling. I loved talking with Rachel about cute little Haylee, who will turn 1 in 34 days. I loved hearing the Christmas wish lists of the teens, my favorite was "I'd love a mustang for Christmas but I have to be realistic so I am just asking for a slug bug" ROFLOL Teens are SO funny. I loved watching Lucy pop bubbles in nursery, to hear the primary kids sing so loud as they practice for the program in two weeks. I love giving smiles and hugs and exchanging greeting and news. Today was so fun to talk about Dani's engagement, to tell the story and to say yes we like Greg. And more importantly "they're getting married in the temple". My favorite telling of that story today was to Tina, Chelsea, Holly and a couple other young women. They were so thrilled and she was a great example, in that moment, of what to shoot for.

I love church! I am SO grateful for Joseph Smith, that he had the courage to follow the directions he was given and to restore the true and living, complete gospel of Jesus Christ to the earth again. How lucky are we!! How blessed!!

10 comments:

Anne/kq said...

I'm home sick with a sick baby this week, and missed church, and by missed, I mean wished I could be there! Every time I can't go I long for it, especially when I read things like how great your experience was today! And your kids are precious, btw, especially your little girl's dress. :)

Joyismygoal said...

Lucy was so precious in in that dress!! You made that!!!! WOO HOO!!
I am very impressed. I loved your reflections today It was so touching to read your post and have you put into words feeligs that mirror my own, that I did not even realize were so deep or have the words to express, You are an amazing woman and I mean that.

Millie said...

The dress turned out really cute and she looks like a little doll.

I agree about RS. It is definitely one of my favorite things about being a member of the Church.

nikko said...

Wow. Glad someone liked church yesterday. Practicing for the primary program left me stressed out and worried. I hope it all comes together, but right now it feels like CHAOS to me.

Your post made me miss being in RS!

Anonymous said...

That was a very nice post. Very touching.

utmommy said...

You made a great dress. Lucy looks so dang cute.

You always have such a good outlook on things, and always notice the best. Thanks for your good example. Sounds like church was good yesterday.

Unknown said...

Great pics of your kids! I soooooo wish I enjoyed going to RS. I used to LOVE it until I moved into this ward. This ward with 60 older, single sister who don't accept callings. It's like a crotchey complainfest in RS these days. NOT exactly spiritually-inducing....

Gabriela said...

Oh my goodness, that dress is beautiful! I am totally impressed. If I have a girl you are going to have to give me some online distanc-learning classes!

I am loving church now that it is in English again!

Lei said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony! Gratitude is the best testament.

And how cute is that little Halloween dress?

Super Happy Girl said...

CUTE! it turned out great.
The Church= awesomest place ever