THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

50 cheap dates



In honor of Valentines day coming up I am participating in Shalee's Fifty Cheap Dates.

We go on a date every weekend. DH is very big on this. I am looking forward to reading everyone's ideas so we can have some new things to do.

I guess cheap is a relative term. I am thinking $10 or less is cheap. Over $40 is expensive.

So some cheap ideas:

  • Go to the dollar movie.
  • take a walk in the botanical gardens and then stop at Chili's and share a dessert.
  • go to a free concert in the park.
  • get several couples together and go frisbee golf and then BBQ at the park.
  • start a dinner group and rotate homes for dinner and games.
  • invest in a coupon book and try out all the buy one get one free deals. They have them for movies, dinners, mini golf, bowling, lots of stuff.

Have fun!


9 comments:

Shalee said...

Every weekend! You are so blessed. We'd love to do it that often...

Your cheap and my cheap seem to agree. These ideas seem to fall right in line with the idea.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

wendy said...

What a fun idea! I love the - take a walk then share dessert. We are going to have to try that.

Michelle said...

Disc golf, frisbee golf! I'm glad to hear we're not the only ones who do that for a date!

Anne/kq said...

These were fun! I decided to do it, too. :) Although blogger's being dumb and not letting me put up the picture or edditt my speelink! Thanks!

Overwhelmed! said...

Excellent ideas! We've done some of them ourselves. :)

I offered one, cheap and fun idea in my post!

Ms. Kathleen said...

I have seen $1 movies on so many posts but we don't have them around here. Why? That would be awesome. When we do go to the movie we usually go matinees.

Mel said...

Going out for dessert is fun! The frisbee golf would be fun. Sometimes we play tennis. It's cold here and I have a hard time coming up with ideas during the winter. Summer is so nice as we love to BBQ/Dutch Oven and have others over for Smores.

Suzanne said...

Some of our cheap dates:

Exercising together. Going for a walk, for instance.

Bookstore. Sometimes we just head to a bookstore like Barnes N Noble and sit and read books.

Drives. We like to go for drives and just talk. It's fun being in the car without kids because you can blast the radio too!

Outdoor movie. We've heard this suggestion, but haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like so much fun!
Drive in a truck up to the mountains or out in the middle of nowhere. Take sleeping bags or blankets if it's chilly. Bring cheap treats. Watch a movie on a laptop computer in the back of the truck.

I love your ideas! We'll have to try some. :D

yerdoingitwrong said...

Good Ideas!