THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

library day


Wednesday mornings are story time at the library. We don't always go but it's usually fun if we do. This morning we went. The kiddos enjoyed the stories and songs and they had a craft so it was all good.

After we went and picked some books for the week.

As soon as we got home we had to hop on the couch and read all the books. They sat for about 45 minutes listening.

We read:

Bee-bim Bop!

Small Pig

Pajama Day

Seven Loaves of Bread

Parents in the pigpen, pigs in the tub

Lilly's Chocolate Heart

Bee-bim Bop! was my favorite. It's about a Korean family who cooks dinner together, and then eats it. There is a recipe in the back and E wants to try it so I guess we'll be looking for kimchee etc this weekend. It'll be fun to try something new.

Happy Library Day! and the weather is warm too!

11 comments:

wendy said...

Wednesday is library day for us, too. But my 8 year old is home sick, so I think we will just cuddle on the couch and read read read. I will look for Bee-bim Bop! next week.

Anne/kq said...

Mmmm, Korean food. Gotta warn you that kimchee is DEFINITELY an acquired taste, but if your kids like sauerkraut they might enjoy it (although fresh is infinitely better.) If you ever can't find something Korean-food-ish and want some, ask me and I'll send it to you; we have three Korean restaurants, about 10 Korean markets, and a very large Korean community up here.

Chellie said...

Having a DH that went on a mission to Japan (therefore has an acquired taste for Kim-Chee), I can tell you it has a horrific odor.
DH and my 2 year old eat it all the time and once the lid is off I want to throw up... even when I wasn't pregnant.
I'm all for trying new foods though. Who would have thought my toddler would eat it?? :)

Chellie said...

oh yeah, and you can buy Kim-chee anywhere... usually in the cold produce area, it's jarred in either hot or mild.

Suzanne said...

You are such a great mom for reading all those stories to your kids! After 2 or 3, I'm done. You are more patient than I am! :)

attack of The Mouse said...

What a fun day. You are a great mommy. It is so nice to read to the little ones. This is why I love reading your blog, you do such fun things with your kids giving me great ideas. Actually make the recipe in the back of the book. What a great idea. Something your kids will remember for a long time.

Anne/kq said...

My toddler loves kimchee, too. Start 'em young, I guess. (This is the same kid who likes Indian food and my dad's salsa.)

nikko said...

I agree, after 2 or 3 I'm ready to call it quits, too. Sounds like you and E picked out some fun books. K always chooses the same ones over and over again -- either Berenstain Bears or Thomas the Tank Engine stories.

Wednesday is usually library day for us, too, but this week it ended up being grocery shopping and errand running day.

See you in the morning.

The Amazing Trips said...

I absolutely must get my nerve up to take the trio to story time. I've convinced my DH to take the kids ... but have yet to have the same courage to take them myself.

Now, I'm feeling inspired... :)

Unknown said...

I miss story time at the library. Now that the kiddos are in all in school all day, we don't get to go anymore:(

Gabriela said...

Fun! That's one of the things I really miss aobut living outside of the States. Nice, clean libraries with free books and activities! Enjoy.