THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 10, 2007

decorating, dancing and babies that don't sleep.

We made it through a very busy day. Even though it was Saturday it still started at o'dark thirty, there is something wrong with that.

S had to be at the school ready to go to her drill team competition by 7 and we needed to stop at Wal mart first. So out the door we went.
After I dropped her off I went back and got H and DH and we all went and picked up Papa. The four of us headed out to the stake center so that we could decorate for the adult dance that night. We spent a couple hours stringing lights across the ceiling and setting up tables with joyismygoal and her hubby (the rest of the committee). Then the men had to go to a meeting and we finished. Z and H helped. We got done a little before noon and H and I ran to Target to buy a birthday present for her friend Naomi then we went back and got DH. We finally made it home about 1:30.

I was home for a few hours and then headed over to Grapevine to watch S dance and to bring her home early (which meant 7pm) so she could get ready for her evening. Meanwhile DH had to get the kiddos dinner and H to her slumber party.

Tonight the youth had a tri stake Harvest Ball. It was at the CR Smith Aviation History Museum. Which was really neat. It was a formal dance and a really big deal.
Last night we had to go on an emergency shopping trip when S decided she wanted a new dress after all. She's a quick shopper and luckily we found a dress in the first shop we went to and she looked so pretty. Our shopping trip was fun and a success.

Anyway, as soon as her team finished their last dance (which was such a cute pom routine) she had permission to leave and we rushed home. She hopped in the shower, I got dressed to go to my dance and gave J some instructions for the evening.

We took a few pictures and then DH, S and I left for the dances. And J got to watch G and E again.


First we took S to the museum. We walked in with her to see how everything looked and to find her friends. Everything looked very nice. The kids had the whole museum open. The imax theater, the flight simulator, the displays. They had dancing and snacks and got pictures and a tee-shirt. The girls looked so lovely in their formal gowns and it was so especially nice to see them all modestly dressed. It was festive and fun and the kids were excited! The atmosphere was wonderful. The boys also looked very handsome and happy.


After we dropped her off we went to our adult dance. The decorations turned out nicely and they had yummy food. We danced and visited with people.
When the dance was done we cleaned up.

We had a very nice evening and a very busy day. When we got home we found Lucy still awake. And in fact now, at 1am while I am waiting for S to get home and tell about her great time little miss is still sitting here refusing to sleep.



So S is happy, I am tired and J is a lot richer today than she was yesterday!

4 comments:

Anne/kq said...

Emma didn't sleep ALL NIGHT two nights this week. Thankfully she is asleep tonight.

A dance at a museum? That would have been one I might actually have shown up for. (I went to one a year in Jr. HS because my friends dragged me, but the only ones I went to in HS were the JROTC Military Balls, which I loved for reasons too numerous to explain here. Dances of the young person type were... not my thing. I loved going to folk and jazz and bluegrass and dixieland festivals with my daddy and dancing all night, though.) Although I'm confused by a "Harvest Ball" this time of year... Did it get delayed or something?

Lana said...

Anne,
I am also confused why they called it harvest ball. The field is white ready to harvest? no one thought of winter ball? I dont' know. We were a guest stake. It was, whatever the name, very fun though.

utmommy said...

So fun! I love S's shoes!

nikko said...

The kids all look so nice dressed up! It looks like S had fun with L and Z and all the others.

Sorry Lucy is a non-sleeping baby!