THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, February 26, 2007

Zoo day!

I had to run an errand for my BIL this morning. Since it was sort of near the zoo, and since the weather is just gorgeous I decided to surprise the littles with a stop at the zoo.

It was the perfect day there. Weather~ lovely, crowds~ non existent, animals~ lively. I couldn't ask for more.

We didn't have a lot of time so I told brother to pick his three favorite animals and we'd see those. He picked monkeys, snakes and crocodiles.

We went to the monkey house first. They were all up and about. We stood and laughed for a long time as they swung on the trees. One had a little baby clinging to her and we were amazed and how well he stayed on, even when momma monkey went flying through the air.

Inside we saw the cutest little baby chimpanzee. He was so playful and was swinging and hitting the glass where the kids were watching on purpose trying to engage them. Lucy was delighted with them.

The herpeterium was full of snakes and frogs and lizards. We always go there, the kids always love it. They weren't particularly cute or anything but it's a favorite spot.


We spent a few minutes in TX Wild playing in the kid area and then our 2 hours was up. We headed to the exit, stopped for an ice cream sandwich (that means lunch right?) on the way out and we were home in time for naps.



This is the beautfy of being a zoo member.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, fellow ward activities chairman. Painful, isn't it, especially when you don't have a good committe (like me!)

For our Luau, we had Hawaiian haystacks, the limbo, coconut bowling, a Polynesian stick game and I actually hired some Polynesian dancers. They were actually friends of my mother-in-laws and did it for a small stipend. They were totally worth it and added to teh evening!

wendy said...

How fun! The zoo is even better in small snipets, I think.

Those monkeys are so fun - serious adventures in babywearing!

Anonymous said...

I like his picks... except the snakes. Don't think they would have been on my list. ;)

Joyismygoal said...

I love Zoo days