THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, February 08, 2007

turn in the weather

Survivor Fiji starts tonight. This is big news at my house! It's my 2nd favorite show ever so I am very excited. I would never want to be a contestant on Survivor but I love to watch it. I would, however, be a contestant on my #1 favorite show the Amazing Race. I don't know if we would do very well but it would be really fun.
Last week we got Dish network. It's been over 9 years since we have had satellite and we really debated whether to get it now or not. The reception is much clearer and there are lots of channels to choose from now. We don't really watch all that much TV. The littles like to have it on in the morning while we're getting ready for whatever we're doing that day. Now brother has found Danny Phantom, which he loves. It's way better than that super annoying little Caillou that I hated. Sadly Lucy likes Wonder Pets, which is really kind of mind numbing but she's two so she's entitled to like dumb shows.
Sometimes I'll watch something while folding clothes but really our only TV viewing time is at night after we have the kids to bed.
DH found a show he loves called Modern Marvels. We've been watching that. It's very educational. Last night's theme was "the history of the shovel" or something like that. Riveting.
I watch while reading/blogging/resting my eyes.
But tonight some good ol reality TV is on the menu!

Legs are a little sore today. The weather is a litte dreary so I am trying to figure out a way to get a good long walk in.

Last night was New Beginnings. It was really fun. The girls did a newscast. It was wonderfully funny and nice at the same time. I wish I brought my camera.

While we were driving home from taking the girls to school I broke the bad news that preschool was canceled today because Nikko is sick and it's her turn to teach.
E was sad.
Then he proceeded to tell me about a disagreement he and K (Nikko's son) had been having.
Brother said: K thinks infinity is the last number. He thinks he knows everything. But I told him numbers never end so infinity can't be last. Right mom?
I said: numbers never end that's right, but when people talk about the "last number" they call it infinity that means it never ends.
Brother: I don't get it.
Me: Me either.
Brother: but K doesn't know everything because the last number never comes.
Me: Right. K is really smart, so are you. But you both have lots of things to learn about.
Brother: cool. right mom?
why are four year olds arguing about infinity? Scary!

12 comments:

Chellie said...

Sometimes I'll find something very fascinating on TV too. Those learning, discovery shows can be pretty cool. I'm like you though, my TV stays off all day.

Infinity... your child has a good point because there really isn't a end number because numbers last for infinity... funny. Cute conversation!

Anne/kq said...

You can turn Wonder Pets to your advantage, though-- "What's going to work?" "Teamwork!" Gets my two-year-old to help me with things every day.

Anonymous said...

We are survivor fans here too. I miss Dish. PBS shows get old.
I really enjoyed Little people, Big world on TLC.

utmommy said...

Yeah for Survivor!!

utmommy said...

Yeah for Survivor!!

Awesome Mom said...

Wow that is freaky! I didn't even really know about the concept of infinity until I was much older. You had better watch that boy.

I have a good life said...

You love that show, don't you! Hopefully it was a good one. We watch the NBA-it is our family gathering activity--if it is a Jazz game you can find our family home, camped out (sometimes with snacks), glued to every basket, missed call, and foul!

Joyismygoal said...

My accountant hubby says there is not a last number- but infinity descibes just that so they are both right:b our boys always fought over stuff like that. Its a great sign of things to come i think infinity has do something to do w/ legos too:)

yerdoingitwrong said...

New Survivor....YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Suzanne said...

LOL! I can't stand Caillou either and why does he have no hair??? His little sister even has hair!

I love Survivor and Amazing Race too, but sadly, we can't tune in CBS where we lived so I've missed the last couple of seasons.

Kids are so funny with what they say. They also always want specific answers, but as I'm sure you know, we don't always know the answers or know how to explain them! :)

Holger Danske said...

"To infinity — and beyond!" - Buzz Lightyear- says it all

Millie said...

"Caillou wondered why no one liked him. He tried on several wigs but nothing worked. Then he figured out that it was his annoying narrating grandmother tracking his every move. So he ditched her and now he has friends galore."

Thanks for the Survivor reminder - I had to turn it to "the Office" halfway through. Who got voted off the island? Do you love how they solved the 20th contestant quitting at the last minute? Pretty exciting!