THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

a word to the wise

If you get the oh so fun early reader "mud soup" and your kids love it and want to try the recipe there are some things you need to know. First it really is very delicioso! A Spanish word kids love to say. Second it's easy to make, although you should be careful with the red pepper. I went a little overboard. Third, if you have a two year old who wears diapers, well, just don't.

Let me set the scene. Early this morning we were rushing out of the house because, well... we always are. Today we also had J's orthodontist appointment. And my good friend called to talk to me about her daughters upcoming birthday party and baptism. This will be a big year for baptisms since H is turning 8 and her friends will also turn 8. Yeah! 8 is great! So we were more behind than usual. Anyway, instead of showering I just brushed my hair and changed my clothes, luckily this wasn't a working out morning, and we ran out the door. Also luckily last night while I was fixing dinner for the missionaries the three littles were sent outside for some fresh air and found a huge mud puddle and came in dripping wet and muddy minutes before dinner should have been served so they "got to take a bath". That meant this morning only H (the bed-wetter) had to bathe, everyone else was good (enough).

So, on to the story.
Lucy and I were sitting in the waiting room reading Fort Worth Child while J was getting her braces looked at (which by the way we just finished paying for this morning!! Whoo Hoo! 3 mouths down, 3 to go...I should have been an orthodontist.) and I smelled something. Then I looked down and I saw that there was a suspicious wet, spreading spot on Lou's pants. Uh Oh. Into the bathroom we marched. Where there was no koala care station, and no counter space only hard cold tile. Also no paper towels or TP. Great. After I rumigaging around the bathroom looking for something I finally found some paper towels. Next I undressed Luce (trying not to get poops in her hair or in her ears or anyother place it shouldn't go but sadly sometimes does) and filled the sink with warm water. We (me and Lou, we were in it together) sponged her off and put a clean diaper, boots and shirt on her (I didn't have a spare onesie or pants because she's TWO for heavens sakes and she had already done her business this morning once so who would have thunk it?). Washed the counters and floor with wipes. Washed my hands. Took out the trashcan liner that we had filled with the stink bomb and wipes and exited the bathroom. Then we had to go outside to throw away the bag, after which we could go back in and wait some more. This time with other patients looking at my poor little scrappy Lou and wondering what kind of stoopid mom lets her baby run around bare legged in the frigid arctic weather we are currently enjoying.

Black beans in= black beans out. Don't go there, trust me.

6 comments:

I have a good life said...

So sorry about the black bean incident! Good thing that you are resourceful! We have been eating black bean and sausage soup since the kids were little and haven't had that reaction. Guess I'll have to be careful with Little Dan-no doctor's offices the next day!

Azul said...

Oh my! I'm sorry, but I'm laughing so hard. Yep, I've had that experience, not with my own little one, but with my baby sister. That's the joy of being 10+ years older than she is; I remember things like the 'Black Bean Incident' and use them to tease her mercilessly.

Thanks for the laugh!

Amanda said...

LOL! Sorry about that and I shouldn't laugh, but I've been there done that before. Live and learn that is what I say.

Awesome Mom said...

Rofl!! We get vile diapers all the time because the kids love dried fruit as snacks. They beg for mango and raisins but I hate to give them since I am the one that has to clean up after the liquid poo comes out.

Anne/kq said...

*giggles* I have SO been there. Ever since I keep AT LEAST one complete set of clothes for each child with me at all times. (One t-shirt and one pair pants or shorts for the toddler and one sleep-and-play for the baby in my purse; more extensive changes of clothing, layers, and extra shoes in the large diaper bag and in the trunk of the car in a Ziploc next to the bag of emergency feeding supplies-- spoons, plates, cups, bibs, baby food grinder, etc., the small, always-packed-and-in-the-car diaper bag, the ring sling, the folding waterproof blanket, the car emergency kit and first aid kit, and the umbrella strollers with their connectors (to make an as-needed double stroller.) I also keep a change of at least t-shirt that my husband and I can both wear (and the trunk has a pair of pants for each of us and another extra shirt, too.) Because I have had that diaper leak right through her pants and onto MINE too many times to be funny...

nikko said...

ROFL! I am laughing so hard! How come you didn't tell me this story yesterday when you came to pick up E??