THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, February 23, 2007

the hidden benefits to throwing a party

We have a list of things that need to be done. Sometimes we have to wait a long time before they actually get done. One of the things on the list was replace the burnt out light bulbs on the porch. Our neighborhood doesn't have street lights and it's very dark out. And scary. Our lights burnt out one at a time over the last while and it's been a couple months since we've had any light. Today DH got out his handy dandy screw driver and replaced all the bulbs! Yeah and let there be light.

Things still on the list:
fix broken garage door
re chalk bathtub in cowboy bathroom
fix the molding where Millie ate it
fix the screen that Millie clawed a hole in
replace the couch that Millie chewed up
Get a new fridge (just because I want one)
fix crack in kitchen tile
paint dresser and put knobs on it
And the list goes on, but hey one down...not too bad.
Just to be fair, top of DH's list is probably fix the lawn mower's broken tire. Our list is endless but I felt like I should at least mention the lawn mower because now that it's a little warm outside things are going to start growing.


Our vacuum stinks. It's been limping along for while, today it stopped sucking all together. A bad thing in a vacuum. Being party day and all we had to get a new one.
Our vacuum buying philosophy is get the cheapest one out there. They all break quickly and we have to replace them every year at best so we go for the $49.98 model. Maybe a really good one would last us longer, I don't know but since I hate Kirby salesmen this will have to do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My I suggest buying a Dyson.

attack of The Mouse said...

You made my day by posting a picture of you new vacuum. I love it. I hope it works for you. The last 2 vacs we had we paid only $50 for, our new one we spent a about $100. Maybe you are right they break down so much you just as well get a cheapy and then plan on replacing it every so often. I guess we will see. I'm glad you had a great party. You have fun party ideas. I love parties!!!