THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Birthday

Yesterday was J's birthday. It was unfortunately a day of a lot of stress. The problem was that she had wanted to go to 6FLags with her friends. This was going to work out well because all of them except for J and Emma have season passes so we only had to get tickets for them and for DH and myself. We were going to fill our suburban, another dad was going to drive a car load down and all the kids would have a fun time at the park while DH and I walked around and had our own fun.
Problem. The stupid weather. It rained and was cold and continued to rain and be cold. We had already purchased the tickets (another long, sad story) and were feeling like we needed to use them.

Finally it was just too wet and too cold so at the 11th hour we switched plans...which meant we didn't have a fabulous plan to go with.

I think it worked out well and J had a nice day. She had four girls who came over and spent the night. We took them to the mall to see a movie. They had wanted to see "I am Legend", it was sold out. "Alvin and the Chipmunks" was the back up plan. Sold out. Finally they saw "this Christmas" and they all said they liked it so that was good.

We came home and had cake and ice cream. We had also rented some movies so I think they stayed up all night watching them. In the morning I made pancakes and they hung out.

Today it is not raining... it is darn cold however S and Mariah and Emma and J still bundled up, took the tickets and headed out the door for some freezing fun. I hope everything goes well. No one gets lots, or hypothermia and that they will have so much fun.



After all was said and done I think she had a good time and was happy. And that's what I wanted.

2 comments:

lera said...

It sounds like the party was still a lot of fun. Different than planned, but still fun.

Yvonne said...

If she had a good time and was happy, you're right that's what matters!!! Usually you gather a group of girls together and they can have fun.