THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, December 10, 2007

Early Christmas

Last night we celebrated an early Christmas with Papa and Grandma. They are going to Utah for the holidays. I was just thinking I have not had a Christmas with all my siblings and their kids in a long time....like over 10 years. Sad. One of these years, after mom and dad get done missioning, we need to meet somewhere for the holidays and spend a Christmas together.
Anyway. We went to church, where I had to got to speak on Charity. Then we came home and prepared a yummy dinner. I tried a new dessert recipe called "Eggnog Cheesecake" and it was very yummy.

Then we told the nativity story and sang some carols. Followed by opening some gifts. It was very lovely. I kind of like spreading the fun out a bit. Especially the present opening. Sometimes it gets overwhelming for the kids and gifts get over looked or not appreciated as much as they would by themselves. Each of the kids got a soft new blanket. The big girls got lotions and CDs and the little ones got new shirts for colder weather and a toy. Grandma also made the girls cute necklaces. This morning we tried out the Cocoa latte machine that DH got and last night I went to bed in my oh so cute and warm froggy jammies.
I'm very excited for this week. It's going to be low stress and high fun. Last week I had the ward social which took a lot of time and planning and work and I had my talk. This week there is nothing hard to do. H has practice after school each day and she has riding lessons. E and karate. Tomorrow I am helping mom pack. Wednesday play group will be here. Thursday night I have a fun cookie party to go to. Friday is J's birthday party and Saturday is a KBT. Oh and tonight the missionaries are coming to dinner. Fun all week long. And I am reading a fun book. I actually got it for H. It's called the Legend Of Holly Claus. I read the first couple chapters out loud to her..she stopped listening and now I am reading it and it's really a fun Christmas story.
I do need to do a bit more shopping, and track down some addresses for the rest of the Christmas cards and make something to deliver to my VT families but that won't be too much.


3 comments:

utmommy said...

Hey sexy! I love your dress and the boots! You look great!

And, yes we DO need to have Christmas together some time. Hopefully sooner than later!

Suzanne said...

Wow, your week still sounds really busy to me! Although, I'm sure it is really relieving to have the ward party and your talk done.

How fun that you got to spread Christmas out a little! I agree that it makes it less overwhelming on Christmas Day and the kids seem to notice what they get more.

I have 6 siblings and I'm sad to think of the day when we can't be together on Christmas each year. Hopefully you'll be able to get together with your brothers and sisters soon for the holidays!

I love your Christmas blog background! :)

Yvonne said...

What a fun idea--to have a little Christmas gathering early. You are so right how that morning is overwhelming for the kids (and for us, too).

I would love to have Christmas with all of our family and hope one day to do that.

Your eggnog cheesecake looks delicious.

As always, it sounds like you are going to be so busy. Have fun.