THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, December 14, 2007

little things..

Have you ever noticed how annoying little things can be.
Big challenges and trials are easier in some ways. I had cancer, okay. I got better and it was easy to say "the Lord's will be done". I get a hard calling, grin and bear it. Divorced...stinks but we'll move forward.
The DVR is broken...oh no! the world is ending. We've had a string of little things break or go wrong lately and it is taking all I've got to face it cheerfully. We had to replace our roof and got to replace our floor and both were expensive. Now DH's transmission is acting up..uh oh. A string of our hard hung lights are out and the whole strand is not giving off it's cheery Christmas glow. Our lap top won't talk to our network and we have a new part coming but in the meantime we have to share our desk top. Many is the time I walk over to just spend "one short minute" and I'll see DH already there. And vice versa. We smile, while sighing under out breath and leaving to go do something else. The weather...not cooperating. The vacuum, clogged as is one of our four toilets. Then yesterday, to add insult to injury, as if I was not already suffering enough ( I just know someone is writing a sad country song about my trials right this very minute) the receiver on our satellite had a "fatal error" and after spending some quality and quantity time talking with a very nice, but completely not helpful "help desk" worker somewhere in India (that's a system that's working splendidly) I got the bad news that we had to replace it. It's also "in the mail". AND now I have to watch live TV, what is actually playing at the moment I have time to sit and watch....why bother?
AND slide.com took the 20 lovely, funny, personality capturing photos of J and choose to randomly only display 7...and I can't make it cooperate.
...hopefully this refiners fire is building character :)

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

My goodness. You have had a lot to deal with, haven't you. Sometimes it does seem that the load is so heavy--especially when it's one on top of another.
Hope things get better. Hugs.

I have a good life said...

The little things are sometimes so much more difficult than the big ones. Crazy. They just add up and eat at us one by one. The big ones we just sigh a little, cry a little (or a lot) and plow forward with life.

BTW: We got a DVR last week and I already can't live without it. I find myself wanting to pause the radio! You are right. It is the most amazing thing. I don't need anything else for Christmas now. This rocks! (I've been around K too much)

(Sorry...I didn't mean to add insult to injury...but you inspired me to buy one and I had to let you know that I love it...Hey. Why don't you come down to my house and pause my TV! Would it make you feel better?)

Millie said...

It means something great is coming around the bend. :) I know how annoying it is when everything breaks, though.

We don't have a DVR. Does that help? :)

nikko said...

Sigh. If holding a newborn will make you happy, you're welcome to come over. ;o)