THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Friday, December 07, 2007

Ward Social

Tonight was our ward Christmas social. It was a lot of work, but I think it turned out well. We had a dinner, concert and a visit from the big guy.

I have been teaching the activity day girls a Christmas Dance, from Pride and Prejudice and they performed it tonight. They did such a good job! Also on the program we had several songs including Holly and Kimball singing "Baby it's Cold Outside", Ingrid singing a couple classics, Mariah singing. Baylee played the bells, DH the trumpet, Christa and Jenita played a duet on piano and violin, Elder Robinson played the piano, the cub scouts did a skit and the Bishop read "The Night Before Christmas".

We decorated with a Christmas tree and greenery and red table clothes. The usual.

We had SO many people come out it was crazy. We went through almost 400 plates. Heather and I were very worried when we saw the crowds because we had not planned food for that many. I don't know how it worked out but we had a little Christmas miracle in our kitchen because we had just enough. At the end of the night we had one pan of potatoes left. No ham, no rolls, no salad. A few people took home parts of their desserts. Everyone ate even though we had at least 50 more people than we were planning on.
The kids had a fun time. They enjoyed seeing Santa and playing with their friends. I was so happy because all three little kids behaved nicely during the program and S and J were there having a good time with their friends.

Rachel gave me a cute Christmas necklace that she had made! So fun! Thanks!

I am glad that's done and fortunately we'll be moved before the next one so with any luck that was my last Christmas party to plan.

After the activity girls gave me some pretty flowers to thank me for teaching them the dance, which was so sweet.






Now S and J are at the Petty's for a sleep over. They've been reading the Book of Mormon together each Sunday night and are almost done, their goal is to be done at the end of the year. Tonight they are going to do a bunch of reading and a bunch of goofing around. H is spending the night with her friend Amanda.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Looks and sounds like a great success. Isn't it amazing when you have just enough food. I'm glad the girls enjoyed performing the dance--great job.

Hope you went home and put your feet up and relaxed