THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Oatmeal, cranberry, orange cookies that I made for Joy's party

1Cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup raisins
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
1 tablespoon grated orange peel
1 (12 ounce) package vanilla chips

1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture. Stir in oats, raisins, cranberries and orange peel. Stir in vanilla chips.
2. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
Yield: 36 servings

these are so delicious! I think they are a new family favorite and a nice change of pace from chocolate chip...not that you can ever go wrong with chocolate chip :)

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Always nice to have another cookie recipe. Thanks. They sound delicious.

Joyismygoal said...

oh yes they were so good Where are the floor pictures?

nikko said...

These were so yummy!

I have a good life said...

Those sound yummy. I think that they were on the plate that A.W. brought for me that night. DH ate them and loved them! Thanks for posting the recipe! I can't wait to see pictures of the floor!

Britni said...

I am definitely stealing this one. Cranberry orange is my favorite combination ever! Thanks!