THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, December 16, 2007

in the light of the Son

On this beautiful Sabbath morning I am glad that the sun has finally broken through the clouds and it looks so pretty outside.
But I am more grateful that the Son broke the bonds of death and hell and that he has made a made it possible for me to live again.
When I was a young mom I read "Night" and I was so touched by the symbolism of the sun rising each new day and chasing away the despair of the long dark night. For some reason it's really seems bleak and scary in the middle of the night, children are sicker, shadows are scary, possibilities are harder to think of, fear lurks in the corners, storms rage stronger...but the sun comes bring with it a peaceful light and a new day.

I am eternally grateful that I can live my life with the light of the gospel to show me the way, wrap me in it's warmth and give me hope and comfort.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Thank you--that was so beautifully written. We are so incredibly blessed to have the knowledge we have.

utmommy said...

What a great thought!

Gabriela said...

You are quite the prolific blogger-I can't keep up with you. Let's see:

I have that Fisher Price nativity and my kids love it too!

I think 4's a good age to start birthday parties too. (although I LOVE her tiara, very pretty!)

Happy birthday J!

I'm glad your sister didn't get hurt and I hope your other sister is ok.

AND- I love that picture of Mary and Jesus. Thanks for the uplifting thought.

:)