THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

celebrity, or the walk that was almost fun

Yesterday was brother's turn to bring the kindergarten snack. When it's his turn I always bring a book and a snack that match each other and the theme of the week. This week is "bugs" so I brought "The Very Busy Spider" by Eric Carle and made these little bug crackers out of peanut butter and ritz. I also brought along plain crackers to supplement our edible friend for the starving. It was very fun to go, as always. When I got there the kids were at recess so I set up and waited at the door with the magic soap to let them in. The little line of kindergartners came up and when they saw me they started to clap. "Yea! We love it when you come!!" and brother beamed. It was great. You don't get to be the star of your kids lives for very long but oh how sweet those early years are when you are oh SO cool and fun and your very presence makes them happy. One thing I liked about teaching school is you are kind of like a celebrity. I'd walk across the playground and kids would wave and run up so excited to see me and if I ever ran into anyone out and about they were amazed and thrilled. It was cute :)
After snack I stayed to help, which is always also fun.

We've been trying to exercise more. DH has been doing karate for a while and he loves it and has lost some weight. I joined the Y and go from time to time. I also have been doing work out video's with S and some walking. Last night DH asked if I wanted to go for a walk. It was kind of late but Lu was still up since she had had a nap earlier in the day. S said she wanted to come as well. We started off, everyone in a good mood, talking and laughing. Sadly the conversation became controversial and DH got mad and started to lecture and the conversation stopped and we stormed home. Not very fun. Things like that happen from time to time and it's never fun. I guess that's part of life~ the good and the bad. Hopefully we learn from the not so fun times and improve.

6 comments:

Holly said...

You are so creative, I wish my daughter thought I was a cool celebrity...maybe someday...for now she'll just continue to tell me to go away...gotta love her

Suzanne said...

You are the coolest mom! I love getting to see all your themed ideas.

Isn't it sad when an activity that's supposed to go fun goes wrong? The worst is when that happens on a long car ride and you have to sit next to that person for hours...

I'm sad for the day when I won't be the star of my kids' life anymore. I guess then I'll just be the embarrassing mom that doesn't "get it." So I'll enjoy my star power while I have it.

Chellie said...

You're pretty awesome!

Sorry about your walk. Everyone always has to learn to respect everyone else's points of view-- especially in controversial conversations! :) We all learn... no matter how old we are!

Yvonne said...

You are great. As I started reading I thought exactly what the kids said--I bet they love it when you come.

Sorry about the walk. Those kinds of moments are tough.

Hope you have a great day.

I have a good life said...

You are the very coolest mom I know. I would beam if you showed up at my house with some magic soap and a snack!

utmommy said...

I'd beam if you showed up at my house, even if you didn't have a snack!!