THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, April 14, 2008

weekend recap

Friday night J went to her friend's birthday party. They had a great time. S was at life guard training all weekend. She finishes tonight. Yesterday she had her tests and she did great. She was fast and strong and will be an "awesome" lifeguard. She enjoyed the training and I am excited for her to work this summer. I love being around the water and doing warm weather fun stuff, however I am not a strong swimmer. This has always bothered me and one of the things I wanted to do for my kids was to make sure they were all good swimmers. Everyone went to swim lessons despite any amount of crying, throwing up, clinging on, etc. They have all learned (so far) and are fish!

Saturday J went to youth conference. E had a soccer game and H a volleyball game. H got the ball over the net on a serve for the first time ! We were very excited. Her team is playing better and better and it was a fun game to watch. DH and H also had karate.

We rented "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and watched it together. It's cute and silly.

Sunday we got a new RS presidency. I am excited. The old presidency was terrific. They did a really good job. They've been serving for a long time though so I am sure they are ready for a rest and the new sisters that they've called are some of my favorites, I know they will be terrific as well and I am excited to see them serve together.

J had a project this weekend. She had to build a one foot tall, 3-D model of a virus. Luckily we have DH who figured out how to fold a 20 sided cube for the top.
Brother has a big project as well, his isn't due until Friday so we are still working on it. It's a farm report.

This week is preschool at our house. Today Lu and I are getting ready. Here she is walking some of her babies, she's following me around as I pick up and straighten and plan.

4 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Lucy is so cute ----I have a pic of j form sat she is beautiful--Go S I was a LG, it can make for long days, but the teaching is a good prep for life

Chellie said...

Way to go S! Sounds like a busy, action-packed weekend!
So do you recommend the chipmunk movie? I want to see it! I remember waking up really early as a kid to watch it on Saturday morning. :)

Lucy is SO cute!!!

I have a good life said...

I am happy for S. I know she will do a great job. She is so responsible. I would trust her to save my kiddos...that aren't as much fish as yours! :) Thanks for the kinds words for us in the presidency. JN and I feel more overwhelmed today than yesterday. I think the transitioning will be the hardest part.

Oh, and I've been praying every day for your flight to be okay...on the news they said all American flights are back on! Yipee! :)

Yvonne said...

Good for J--I'm not much of a swimmer, so I appreciate lifeguards very much!!!

Must have been the weekend for youth conference. Good for H on getting the ball over the net.

Love the picture of Lu.