THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Monday, April 07, 2008

Conference Weekend

DH had last Friday off. Papa was painting and he was organizing things in our computer room. Sadly the paint I picked was Hideous and the room looks awful. Hopefully we will get it fixed this week, although, for the record this is in spite of their efforts not because of them.
We took a trip to the library and also tried out a Brazilian/Portuguese grill for lunch that DH liked a lot and I thought was just okay.
We went to a late movie after the kids were in bed and J was done with piano lessons. Juno at the dollar show. I liked it. It was funny and poignant and I was glad she placed the baby for adoption.

Saturday was the beginning of conference. I was really looking forward to this conference and hearing President Monson speak. Of course I have heard him lots of times but never as the prophet and I was wondering what he would say.

Our day was busy with volleyball and soccer and what not so we caught bits and pieces of the conference. Luckily we have the DVR, which will allow us to catch up over the next weeks evenings.

Nikko had her "soup thing", which I love. The kids look forward to it and so do I. Her soups are yummy and it's always so fun to hang out with friends and let the kids play on the boys awesome play fort. We've had sniffly coughers and Lu actually had a fever on and off so I wasn't sure if we would go. We finally decided it was just a cold that was going around, however the kids were ready to leave much earlier than usual so I guess they weren't really up to par.


Sunday I was able to watch both sessions. Mom and I worked on quilts for the YMCA service project during both of them. We didn't go to the pot luck at church between sessions because H actually was feeling very poorly and DH and Papa ended up taking her to urgent care after the first session. She has strep again. :( Brother and Lu are both coughing but I don't think it's the same thing and sent E to school. I have had itchy ears and sneezing and runny nose for weeks, allergies. It's just a gunk in the air time of year I guess.

I love how my friend "good life" makes notes about each speaker, I need to get mine down too. An action item for each talk, something to remember, or a highlight.

After conference we played outside in the warm sunshine, ate soup and home made bread for dinner and then watched "the Best Two Years" upstairs. It was a good day.

Dani and Greg got to go to the conference center for the morning session. I have never done that but would like to. She said there were a million people there and they were on top so it was hard to actually see anyone but I think they enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Britni said...

There is something special about actually being at conference. I've never felt the spirit so strongly as when the prophet walks in the room. It truly is amazing, and if you ever get the chance to go, do anything you can to take it. Wasn't Sunday great?

Yvonne said...

It was a great conference. I loved all the talks. (Well, I haven't heard the Sunday afternoon session yet since we were on a plane, but I sure loved everything else) We got to the Conference center at about 9:00 and couldn't believe how long it took to get to our seats. (It was worth it ; )