THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 17, 2008

W is also for wild wild west!

Today our theme was Wild, Wild, West. Last night we went to the library and I got several books about cowboys and wagon trains. Also yesterday I went to the dollar tree and got these cute stick horses for a dollar each! Such a deal :)

This morning the kids came and we did our usual calendar/prayer/songs/gathering stuff. Then we read a few stories and talked about the west. We went to the table and the kids glued their "cowboy ropes" onto letter "W". We made our cowboy hats and then we were ready to ride the range. They rode their horse around in circles and around "barrels". The fed them and curried them and caught run away calves and branded their herds. We had a snack of trail mix and capri sun and they had a great time!
Yesterday was play group. We met at the park to ride the train, only it was just Grandma, Lu and I. While we were on the train we saw Kathy and her kids and she said she would walk down and meet us at the playground. What we didn't know was the whole park is closed off as they prepare for the MayFest so we never got to meet her. We did meet Rachel and Robin and Haylee at the popcorn stand and H and R rode the train back and then we all drove to the Botanical Gardens for a picnic. We had a very pleasant afternoon. The girls ran around and balanced on logs and peeked under leaves and looked at the kid displays on the nature trail, they were soooo cute. Sadly my camera was out of batteries :( Rachel took some pictures so I am looking forward to sharing hers later. We had a fun time visiting.


9 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a deal--a $1 for the stick horses!!!!

Looks like such fun--they must just love coming to your house. Glad it was a fun day.

utmommy said...

Sounds like fun!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

how fun I am glad y'all had fun cute WWW ideas

I have a good life said...

I hope you have new batteries for your trip! Take lots of pictures and have lots of fun! :)

Suzanne said...

You got a great deal on those horses! I think we paid $12 for one at Wal-Mart once... Isn't it great that weather is perfect for playing outdoors!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Happy happy birthday have an awesome trip have Pizza for me and wave to Oprah:)

Emy5 said...

Wow is it your birthday? Happy Birthday! Great idaes with the kids. You can tell they are having so much fun being cowboys!

Yvonne said...

O.K. How embarrassing, I knew you mentioned on my blog that your birthday was the same day as one of my grandsons and I thought it was the 16th--oops, it was the 18th!!!!

Happy Birthday on the 18th. Hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. Enjoy your trip.

Cheri said...

Have a great Birthday!!