THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

FHE Fun

Last night was FHE. Like every Monday night. We almost always have it. Sometimes it's just a quick story from the friend and a bowl of ice cream after while we chat around the table after a long day of homework/soccer practice/whatevering.
Sometimes we have good lessons.
Often the children are rowdy or disinterested. Sometimes they are good and pay attention.
But we carry on, no matter what the circumstance or the obvious result. I am totally banking on the promise that if we do this (and several other things) our families will be protected and our children will be saved.


Last night we had a lesson on the parable of the 10 virgins. A repeat of a lesson we had several

years ago. H and I made a quick poster of an oil lamp and 5 girls going up a stair case with small lamps lit to a door that opened up with the Savior's picture behind it and 5 with empty lamps crying on the bottom. She also made cardboard oil drops. We told the story and handed out the drops. Everyone wrote on them things they could do to keep their spiritual lamps lit. Then we took turns sharing and dropping it in the slit on the lamp. It actually went pretty well even though this is what they looked like during. See the reverent attentive faces?
For a treat I made blueberry/coconut cake with a lemon glaze. Yumm!

4 comments:

Britni said...

I think you should post the recipe or at least send it to me. That sounds delicious!!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

How fun! I wish we were closer, so we could do FHE together! Hey, I need your email address! Mine is: sarahidiart@msn.com

Klin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Your gorgeous sister sent me over.

Karla said...

I love the first picture - it reminds me of FHE at our house, squirming kids and all!!!! Dispite the crazyness it can sometimes be, it is so worth it to have family time. I'm banking on it blessing my family as well.:)