THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 10, 2008

we survived

We survived another storm filled night. The weather radio went off a good 7 or 8 times and we turned on the news at least twice to check the radar but in the morning the house was standing and the sun was up and we were glad.
I think tonight is supposed to be quiet so hopefully we'll sleep well.

One unfortunate casualty of the storm was my Internet...out all day. ARGH! But tonight it's back, phew!

Lu is sick. I feel so badly. This morning she was coughing, as she had been all week, and a little wheezy so I called Debi since preschool was at her house and asked her what she thought. She said bring her over. Lu went and had a great time, felt fine. I picked her up and she was playing and didn't want to come home. We stopped on the way home to mail Greg's birthday present and she said her stomach hurt. We got home and I got her lunch and she said she wasn't hungry. Then I picked her up and she was a little warm. I actually took her temp this morning before I called Debi and it was normal or I would never have taken her. I took it again and now it was 101. Darn it. I had to wait until 1pm for the doctor's office to be done with their lunch and by that time she was a sweaty crying mess. So with a little difficulty that was pleasantly resolved I made an appointment for this afternoon. By the time we got there she had thrown up, had a fever, was coughing and crying. They looked at her and said, yep I am sure she's got it too. Now the strep test actually came out negative but her throat looks bad and with two sisters currently taking antibiotics for the same thing they had no doubts and prescribed Lu some too. I asked for penicillin shots all around but they just laughed at me. I wasn't actually joking but I laughed too, so they'd think I was. Now I feel really badly to have exposed everyone else. I really thought she was just still with the cough/cold that we've been dragging around for weeks.

I hate when the kids are sick.

I hope hope hope no one else gets it. I especially hope DH and I don't since we are hoping to travel next weekend, provided airplanes are flying then. Crossing my fingers.

One last quick thing, or three.

Mom and Dad are getting ready to go on their mission, it's been interesting to see the behind the scenes. There is a lot of paper work and appointments and teeth cleaning and stuff to do. Well dad got some lab results that were not that great. The doctor thinks he might have hepatitis. What? Where would he get that and what that means I have no idea. I hope it's not that~ so say a little prayer. He had more labs done today and now we wait.

Dani and Greg are coming to Ohio for Grandpa Thackers 90th birthday ! Yeah! and now she or possibly they might meet us in FL too! Double Yeah! I am so excited!!

S is doing her lifeguard training this week. It's a lot but I think she's enjoying it. I worry about her driving home late at night and am glad that the weather at least is cooperating tonight.

Anna and Ama and Zoe sent me a Wicked CD for my birthday, which was so nice! Now I have a dilemma, do I listen before I go or see it with a clean slate in my head...and what should I wear? and will it be warm, and will American be flying. These are the things I am pondering tonight.

AND lastly, I loved Elder Nelson's talk on Saturday. He gave such awesome parenting advice. I am so going to try and implement everything he talked about.

6 comments:

Mel said...

If I were you I would listen to the Wicked CD over and over again. That's just me:)

Oh man I really hope the lab results come back clean! How fun for you to be involved with the pre-mission plans.

Cheri said...

I hope Lu feels better and you guys don't get it. I had a sick one this week too and it's spring break- bummer.

Britni said...

I say listen to the Wicked CD because it's even better going in with great expectations (because the music is so amazing) because you will not be disappointed. The musical is incredible, definitely one of my favorites.

I have a good life said...

I have also been worried for you and your flight! I thought about it this morning...hoping you weren't booked on American. That would be a bummer.

Sorry about the sickies. I HATE that dilemna. Are they too sick to go or not. HATE it. It is my least favorite part of Mommyhood.

We didn't have power for much of the day yesterday ...therefore no internet for me either!

Yvonne said...

So glad that the storms didn't cause you any trouble--other than the internet.

I'm sorry about Lu being sick--hope she gets better quickly. (I don't blame you asking for the penicillin shots for everyone)

Hope your dad is o.k., and that all the paperwork gets done and they hear soon.

I think you should listen to the Wicked CD.

Our Family said...

Listen to the CD! You will LOVE the musical even more if you do. I wish I would have before I saw Wicked for the first time. I'm so jealous. Wicked is Wicked. If you want to get an idea of what Wicked will be like you can check out a few of the songs on YouTube. There are a few songs you can watch if you look up Stephanie J Bloch. She is the Elphaba that I got to see in Dallas a few years ago. Have fun and enjoy. PS..I hope that all of the tests come back OK for your Dad.