THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Wicked Birthday Trip

We're back and we had SO.MUCH.FUN. Seriously, it was so fun.

The night before we left the weather was terrible. It stormed and threatened and ruined my shopping plans and made me worry about J flying to CA. However they made it safely and I found something to pack so all was well.

Friday morning we dropped the kids off at school and then headed for the airport. Our flight was a little turbulent, which you know how I love that, but we landed safely. Phew!

Mom and Dad were there to pick us up and we drove into Chicago. It is a beautiful city. I love the skyscrapers and the busy city feel. It really was windy and kind of cool and I don't think I'd like to live there but it was fun to visit.

The first thing we did was go to Navy Pier. We walked around, looked at the lake, saw the Stained Glass Museum and enjoyed the scenery.

After that we went to our hotel. It was Gorgeous! Our room was on the 23rd floor and was so nice. I felt like a princess with a big bed, robes in the room and a concierge on our floor.

We had complementary hor'dourves, breakfast, midnight buffet and water bottles. Lu-Key!

The first night we went out to dinner at La Trattoria #10 which I thought was owned by Mario Batali (but I was wrong) however it was still very nice. DH & Nana both had the yummiest butternut squash ravioli and I had a delish shrimp dish. Abba's appetizer was possibly the best mushrooms I have ever tasted. The restaurant was fun and yummy.



Saturday we went to the Shedd Aquarium, which was very nice. My favorites were the baby beluga whales, which were so cute and you could get up and personal. We saw a presentation by the seal and owl and the dolphins who were in the tank behind them were hysterical. They must have wanted in on the action because they were dancing on their tails, swimming loops, and doing jumps the whole time :)

We walked every where we went, which I really enjoyed. I think we did about 4 miles on Saturday. Which almost made up for the Chicago style pizza and the ice cream we ate :)


Saturday night was the big event. We went to see Wicked at the Oriental Theater. It was wonderful!!
The theater was stunning, the music spectacular and the whole experience awesome!

I loved it!

Today we had breakfast and flew home. J landed about a half hour after we did so it worked out great.
When we got home mom had a birthday dinner ready for us and we had pie, very nice :)
After dinner we went on a nice walk around our Texas size block and enjoyed the quiet night air, the smell of horses in the neighborhood and the country road. "there's no place like home". One of the great things about leaving is coming back ready to enjoy it all again.

10 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

that sound so so idyllic I am so happy for you Happy happy -0 birthday- You deserve all the fun

Chellie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you had a wonderful time! You deserve it!

Yvonne said...

It sounds like such a great trip. (I think Chicago is a neat city to visit, but I don't think I'd like to live there either) I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself, and especially that you enjoyed Wicked. (Now you can listen to the CD you got for your birthday ; )

You're right--there really is "no place like home".

Cheri said...

What a fun time. I live about 3 hours from Chicago and have been there numerous times. I agree that it's fun to visit but I wouldn't want to live there either.

nikko said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I'm glad you had such a fun weekend.

Anna said...

I'm so glad you got to see Wicked! It's the best!

Your whole trip sounds amazing and I'm so glad you had such a great time.

I have a good life said...

Glad you are back. Glad that you had fun. So many memories.n :) :)

Britni said...

Glad you had a great time and loved Wicked. Definitely one of my favorites by far.

utmommy said...

So fun!

I love the little belugas, how cute.

I've always wanted to stay at a fancy hotel like that. Someday:)

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

Hey, an LDS lady was playing the part of Nessa Rose in Chicago. . .I don't know for how long. . but she was also Esther on the Liken the Scriptures movies. . .I noticed they broadcast that movie after conference on the BYU channel recently. . .somthing fun to check out. .. I'm glad you liked it and I hear it's coming to SLC in '09, so I'm going to take my kids!