THE END

I have run out of room. My blog is finished.
You can now find me at
Too Many To Count Two

lanamarieblog.blogspot.com

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

life is full of difficult choices isn't it?

I really relate to poor Ariel. There are hard choices to make every day. And it's not the choosing between good and bad that gets you. It's the choosing between good and something else good. Or good and something a bit better.
Every.Day.We.Have.To.Choose.

Newest dilemma, well not really because we made our choice but it's not one that I am 100% thrilled about. Youth Conference is coming up. The girls have been looking forward to it. S is actually on the stake youth committee that's helped to plan it. However we have scheduling issues.
S got the job at the Y life guarding. This requires her to take a week of life guard training, then possibly a second week of swim instructor training. Well, guess when the week of life guard training is? Yep, the same week as youth conference. She has to do it then or she has no chance of doing the next training which will give her $2 an hour more and more desirable hours. She is going to miss almost all of youth conference. There is a chance she can go Saturday night and Sunday night but the rest will be training time.

Then we have J. Who is excited about going. Well, she has a best friend at school, Sofia. They have been friends for many years and she's a really nice girl. She and her twin Siera are turning 15, guess when? Youth conference weekend. Originally the girls were going to have a Quincenera, and J was going to be their best dama. I was kind of dreading that because a)it's very expensive just to participate b) it takes a lot of time to practice all the dances and whatnot c) I knew they would not pick modest dresses for their court to wear. When it came down to it the girls chose to get a car when they turn 16 instead of the big Quincenera this year. However they are still celebrating, in style, like the always do, and she is J's best friend. (besides Emma who is her best friend too but they don't go to school together) The party plans start on Friday afternoon and go all weekend. I didn't feel good about telling her she couldn't go because of YC and I didn't feel good about her skipping YC either. Neither did she. We finally decided that she would go on Friday to the party and I would pick her up at 11-midnight ish. Then she would spend the rest of the weekend at the conference.

and, brother and I are planning a mother/son party and two of his friends can't come the weekend we chose so now we need to decide whether to go ahead or to try and work around it.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

That is so true--there are so many tough choices. (I actually love that line when Ursuala says it ; )

We have our Youth Conference in two weeks, too.

Rachel said...

I hate it when EVERYTHING falls in the same weekend. I am a volunteer at YC, and there are about 50 million other things that have come up after I made the commitment to be there, ALL DAY on Saturday.

It will be very fun, but still... I go weeks with NOTHING and then one day its EVERYTHING!!

So all that to say, I feel ya on this one!

Chellie said...

I agree with Rachel! It always seems that everything falls around the same time. It sounds like they are making good choices while also finding time to go to conference. It's important to go to the swimming training and for your other daughter to support her friend... all while finding some conference time! That's great!
Hopefully it all works out!

Cheri said...

Scheduling conflicts- not fun.
I think it's pretty great that J didn't feel right about missing conference. Good for her!

I have a good life said...

Ugh! There are always so many choices and they are usually between good and good, not bad and good. That would be much easier! Good luck with all the decisions. :)